Mark’s practice largely consists of representing towns and villages throughout Jefferson, Lewis, Oswego, and St. Lawrence Counties, handling matters such as wills, estates, and residential real estate closings. Additionally, during his 41 years of legal practice, he has spent a significant amount of time working daily with government officials on a variety of issues.
Mark has also served as local and bond counsel to local governments, advising on significant infrastructure improvements. He has been a frequent lecturer on municipal topics for various agencies that include the NYS Tug Hill Commission, NYS Magistrates Association, NYCOM, and the Jefferson and St. Lawrence Counties’ departments of planning.
- Involved in, from inception, the Route 3 Sewer Corridor Project, which encompassed four towns and one village and cost over $30 million.
- Involved in the advancement of cooperative planning in zoning boards of appeals, particularly in the Tug Hill Region, including the first Cooperative Zoning Board of Appeals in New York State.
- Involved in the first cooperative shared town justice between three towns in Lewis County following the adoption of legislation by New York State to allow the same.
- Involved in the development and permitting of the Flatrock Wind Project, also known as Maple Ridge Wind Project, consisting of 195 wind towers on the Tug Hill and Copenhagen Wind Farm in Lewis County.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., Cornell International Law Review
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A., cum laude
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- PIVOT Foundation, President
- PIVOT Alcohol & Substance Abuse Council of Jefferson County, Board Member
- Neighbors of Watertown, President
- Flower Memorial Library, Former President
- Greater North Country Chamber of Commerce, Former President
- United Way of Northern New York, Former President
- Jefferson County Historical Society, Former Board Member
- Hrabchak & Gebo, P.C.
- Hrabchak, Gebo & Langone, P.C.
- O’Hara, Connell, Hrabchak and Gebo, P.C.
- O’Hara and Crowe, P.C.
- Walter Newport & Associates
- Office of Mark G. Gebo
- Law Offices of Edward I. Sumber
- Putnam County Supreme and County Court to Judge Bowers, Law Clerk
- Jacobowitz and Gubits