Lois Phillips represents clients in the areas of Trusts and Estates, Business Entities, Real Estate, Land Use Planning and Zoning and Governmental Affairs. She is experienced in the administration of estates and trusts of all sizes, including informal and judicial settlements, estate planning, disclaimers and post-mortem planning. She represents clients in the New York Surrogate’s Court, Supreme Court and Appellate Division, as well as in the Florida Circuit Court, Probate and Civil Divisions.
Lois has extensive experience in all areas of municipal law, including permitting, land use, real property development, historic preservation, finance and development of municipal water and sewer systems, special districts and municipal litigation. Her work has been instrumental to the development of countywide and town-wide infrastructure.
Lois is admitted to practice in New York State and the State of Florida. In addition, she is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern District of New York, Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York and the Middle District of Florida. Lois serves on the Board of Finance and Charter Review Committee of the City of Dunedin, Florida. She is a member of the Washington Association of New Jersey.
Lois holds a Juris Doctorate degree, cum laude, from the Albany Law School of Union University, a Master of Science degree, with honors, from Russell Sage College and a Bachelor of Science degree from Skidmore College. Her professional affiliations include the Pinellas County Estate Planning Committee, the New York State Bar Association, the Clearwater Bar Association and the Florida Bar. She is an author and frequent speaker on trusts and estates, municipal law, and professional licensure.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 1987
- Skidmore College, B.S., 1974
- New York, 1988
- Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- New York State Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Washington Association of New Jersey
- Martindale-Hubbell “BV” Peer Review Rated for High to Very High Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel