Lee has spent over 30 years in the courtroom trying cases in state and federal courts. He represents individuals and entities in the entire range of civil litigation, including complex commercial and serious personal injury litigation, and also advises clients in their business affairs.
His experience in the courtroom includes prosecuting and defending major business litigation matters such as contract disputes, partnership dissolutions, construction cases, property disputes, intellectual property cases, and environmental litigation, along with personal injury cases in state and federal courts as well as arbitration proceedings. He has tried dozens of cases to verdict.
Knowing all too well the burdens that litigation imposes on the client, Lee pursues an “end game” strategy at the outset. He has been frequently called upon to bring long-standing matters that seem incapable of resolution to finality.
Lee’s representation of clients also requires him to negotiate extensively with federal and state governmental agencies, including the US Department of Justice, Department of Interior, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Homeland Security, state Department of Environmental Conservation, Office of the Governor, Office of the Attorney General, and Congress.
Prior to becoming a partner at Barclay Damon, Lee was of counsel to the firm and a partner at French-Alcott, PLLC, with Dan French, a former United States attorney.
Lee was formerly the director of the litigation department at a prominent Syracuse law firm. Before entering private practice, he served as chief trial counsel for the City of Syracuse, Office of the Corporation Counsel.
- Won and collected a judgment of $2.7 million for stockholder of a corporation pursuant to a redemption agreement between the parties.
- Won a settlement during trial of $1.25 million in an accident involving out-of-state commercial trucking company which resulted in the death of one child and serious personal injuries to another.
- Won a settlement during trial of $750,000 for auto accident victim with serious and permanent injuries.
- Won and collected an award in arbitration in the amount of $875,000 against an out-of-state company for a local construction company that remained unpaid.
- Obtained and collected a judgment of $385,000 for a construction company that remained unpaid as a result of faulty work of a subcontractor.
- Won dismissal of seven-figure claim against local contractor in multi-party complex commercial case in involving out-of-state companies
- Won summary judgment awarding Florida company exclusive use and ownership of national premier medical billing software.
- Won victory for Indian nation at the New York Court of Appeals involving nation’s reservation status.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- Syracuse University, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Delta Society, Patron Level Member
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, North Star Member
- Super Lawyers directory 2010-2015: Indian Law and Commercial Litigation
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel
- French-Alcott, PLLC, Partner
- Green & Seifter Attorneys, PLLC, Partner, Litigation Practice Group Chair