Kevin concentrates his practice on commercial restructuring, bankruptcy, and real estate matters. He has extensive experience in bankruptcy cases, pre-bankruptcy counseling, and commercial lease negotiation, preparation, and enforcement. His practice also involves bankruptcy litigation, including preference and other avoidance actions and claim objections.
Kevin represents commercial real estate developers, trade vendors, lenders, and others in bankruptcy cases in New York State and across the country.
- Represents commercial landlords in retail bankruptcy cases filed by Sears, Roebuck and Co., Kmart Corporation, Payless ShoeSource, Inc.,Things Remembered, Inc., Charming Charlie LLC, Toys “R” Us, Inc., rue21, Inc., Sports Authority, Inc., Bi-Lo, LLC, Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc., Gander Mountain Company, the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc., Gordmans Stores, Inc., hhgregg, Inc., the Bon-Ton Stores, Inc., Gymboree Retail Stores, Inc., Claire’s Stores, Inc., Vitamin World, Inc., RadioShack Corporation, Hometown Buffet, Inc., the Walking Company, Portrait Innovations, Inc., Goody’s Family Clothing, Inc., Simply Fashion Stores, Ltd., Anna’s Linens, Inc., Aèropostale, Inc., Circuit City Stores, Inc., Limited Stores, LLC, Styles For Less, Inc., the Wet Seal Retail, Inc., Borders Group, Inc., Ultimate Acquisition Partners, LP, Linens ‘N Things, Inc., and Pacific Sunwear Stores Corp.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D.
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- New York State Bar Association, Bankruptcy Committee/Business Law Section, Former Chair
- Central New York Bankruptcy Bar Association, Former President
- St. Mary’s Church, Volunteer
- Central New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Volunteer
- International Council of Shopping Centers U.S. Shopping Center Law Conference, “Retail Chapter 11s- Quick Moving Cases and First Day Hazards,” October 2018
- Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association and Central New York Bankruptcy Bar Association 20th Annual Bankruptcy Conference, “Leases in Business Cases, Large and Small: Asset or Liability?,” October 2015
- New York State Bar Association Business Law Section Bankruptcy Law Committee Meeting, “Attorneys’ Fees for Creditors in Bankruptcy Cases,” October 2013
- New York State Bar Association Business Law Section Bankruptcy Law Committee Meeting, “Advising Distressed Businesses and Business Bankruptcy Cases,” November 2012
- International Council of Shopping Centers US Shopping Center Law Conference, “Lease Issues in Bankruptcy – Control/Getting Paid/Claims,” October 2008
- International Council of Shopping Centers US Shopping Center Law Conference, “The Sale of Lease Designation Rights in Bankruptcy: Sleeping Giant or Paper Tiger?,” October 2007
- New York State Bar Association, “Real Estate: The Lease, Landlord, and Debtor,” October 2005
- New York State Bar Association Business Law Section Fall Meeting, “The Business Lawyer’s Quick-Step Through the New York Bankruptcy Reform Act,” September 2005
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York: Bankruptcy: Business, 2017-2018
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Menter, Rudin & Trivelpiece, P.C., Shareholder