Kevin concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate and financial institutions and lending. He handles and negotiates real estate acquisitions, sale transactions, and financing for a wide array of clients. He is involved in commercial leasing negotiations and provides support in connection with real estate matters involving easements and title research. As examining counsel to title insurance companies, he analyzes and examines real estate titles.
Prior to joining the firm, Kevin was a senior contract negotiator for SRC, Inc., working closely with defense, environmental, and intelligence industries. Kevin has extensive experience in a variety of contract negotiations. Kevin has attained professional certifications in numerous areas, including intellectual property in government contracts, software as a service (SaaS) contracts, and contracting and subcontracting bid negotiations.
- Represent not-for-profit entities in the sale of real property by successfully petitioning the New York State Attorney General.
- Successfully executed the purchase and sale of a telecom easement for an agriculture client who leased an existing telecom tower on the client’s property.
- Successfully advised clients on negotiating, analyzing, and executing government contracts regulated by the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) including, but not limited to, data rights assertions and markings, prototype acquisitions, white papers, subcontracts, and prime contracts.
- Executed multiple real estate transactions for an agricultural corporation for rural land use development, provided extensive counsel for business law issues, and successfully negotiated and executed a multi-year lease between a family-owned agriculture corporation and a San Francisco-based solar energy firm to develop a solar farm on client’s land.
- Worked with a corporation and lending institution to execute a commercial mortgage to finance stock redemption agreement and various capital improvements.
- Drafted research memos for management regarding financial regulatory policy that analyzed company expenditure procedures to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting policies (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Executed security purchase agreement, asset transfer, and technology-loan agreement with an inter-company business partner to sustain the employer’s investment in innovative technology, including performance of research and analysis of international trade regulations for execution of company’s first direct commercial sale to Taiwan.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington, B.A., cum laude
- Moot Court Society, member
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Contract Management Association
- SRC, Inc., General Counsel’s Office, Senior Contract Negotiator
- Kevin A. Barone, Esq., solo practitioner
- Northrop Grumman Corporation Professional Development Program, Business Management Analyst
- New York State Supreme Court Judge Samuel D. Hester, Law Clerk