Kathleen Weber has significant experience representing individuals and businesses from a wide variety of industries in tax, employee benefits and general corporate matters. Her business clients have included manufacturers, retailers, developers, information technology providers, public transportation authorities, health care providers, college and universities and other not-for-profit entities.
Kathleen's corporate practice includes representing businesses in entity formation and the negotiation and preparation of various agreements, including operating agreements, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements and non-compete agreements. She also has experience with mergers and acquisitions as well as dissolution and winding-up.
Kathleen's tax practice includes counseling clients in all aspects of taxation, including the tax implications of proposed transactions, the applicability of sales tax to products/services sold or purchased, sales tax exemptions, documentation and recordkeeping requirements, issues related to nexus, withholding tax obligations, the tax treatment of settlements and issues related to unrelated business income tax. Kathleen also has experience counseling clients with audits and disputes in federal, state and local taxing authorities, negotiating installment payment agreements and offers-in-compromise and preparing 1023 applications.
Kathleen’s employee benefits practice includes employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) transactions and fiduciary counseling.
Kathleen graduated cum laude from SUNY Buffalo Law School where she served as Executive Publication Editor on the Buffalo Law Review. She is admitted to practice in New York.
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2008
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., 2000
- New York, 2009
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Central New York Women's Bar Association
- National Center of Employee Ownership (NCEO)
- Onondaga County Volunteer Lawyers Project, Westcott Community Center Neighborhood Project
- Board of Directors, YWCA of Syracuse and Onondaga County
- Louis A. DelCotto Award for Taxation
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Associate
- Bond, Schoeneck & King, Associate