Joseph concentrates a significant portion of his practice on the representation of numerous municipalities throughout Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, and Oswego Counties. With over 30 years of experience as a municipal attorney, Joseph regularly counsels local government officials on a variety of issues that impact municipal entities on a daily basis. In addition, he serves as local and bond counsel to local governments engaged in significant infrastructure projects. He advises and represents NYS economic development entities that include industrial development agencies and several local development corporations.
Joseph serves as general counsel to corporate clients in matters ranging from business entity guidance and incorporation to succession planning. He advises and represents financial institutions in residential and commercial transactions, and counsels on matters that include asset purchase and sales of retail businesses and commercial properties.
- Represented a St. Lawrence River municipality and local development corporation in the acquisition and environmental remediation of a heavily contaminated industrial site located on the shore of the St. Lawrence River, permitting the parcel to be conveyed to a commercial developer and resulting in the construction of a high-end hotel. The project also included the creation of a public river walk and municipally owned marina on the site.
- Represented a local IDA in the implementation of a community development agreement to facilitate the construction and rehabilitation of military housing units located in Fort Drum.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., cum laude
- St. Lawrence University, B.A., cum laude
- New York
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals
- New York State Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Alexandria Township Historical Society, Director
- River Hospital, Board Chair
- Northern New York Community Foundation, Former President
- Tug Hill Council Semi-Annual Meeting, "Municipal Law Updates"
- Menter, Rudin & Trivelpiece, P.C., Shareholder
- Conboy, McKay, Bachman & Kendall, LLP, Partner
- Office of the US Army Judge Advocate General, Captain