Joe Stanganelli focuses his practice on patent and other intellectual property litigation, and handles other complex business disputes. Joe has trial court experience in both federal and state courts, has arbitrated cases before the American Arbitration Association, and has argued before both federal and state Courts of Appeal. In addition to patent litigation, Joe's more than two decades of experience has involved successfully representing corporate clients in multiple business dispute contexts, including copyright, trademark, trade secret and unfair competition suits, technology license and development disputes, complex insurance litigation, and private company shareholder disputes. Joe also regularly advises clients on how to avoid litigation, and on pre-litigation strategy, to best achieve their business goals.
- Currently representing leading medical device manufacturer enforcing patents relating to infusion pump technology against competitor.
- Currently representing food packaging manufacturer in enforcing patent rights relating to aseptic bottling in multiple infringement actions with domestic and international competitors.
- Represented European pharmaceutical company in patent license dispute with U.S. licensor/debtor in bankruptcy.
- Represented cable parts manufacturer in patent infringement and false advertising suits against competitors.
- Represented owner of multiple news websites in nationally publicized copyright and trademark infringement action against prominent media organization claiming Fair Use defense for competing websites.
- Represented medical equipment (re)manufacturer in claims of trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition against former employees and competitor.
- Represented inventor of computer anti-virus detection method in claims against leading anti-virus software manufacturer.
- Represented a major data storage manufacturer against software maintenance service provider in connection with copyright, DMCA and patent claims.
- Represented major data storage manufacturer defending against patent infringement claims brought by non-practicing patent holding company.
- Represented mortgage registration system in litigation over lending and foreclosure practices.
- Represented a leading provider of navigation software to the trucking industry in suit over unraveling of acquisition of competitor.