Jeffrey Leibeck focuses his practice on toxic torts and asbestos exposure defense as well as general insurance defense.
Jeffrey has extensive experience defending a wide range of clients in asbestos litigation. He started representing a national, Fortune 500 client while in Pittsburgh and traveled the country in their defense. Since moving to New York in 2007, he has continued that representation as well as representing several other companies sued in asbestos matters. He has conducted hundreds of depositions while coordinating client’s retention of expert witnesses for New York cases. In order to fully defend these suits, he prides himself in becoming extremely familiar with his clients’ corporate history and products.
Additionally, Jeffrey defends personal injury suits resulting from claims of general negligence, accidents on property and involving motor vehicles. He has also represented clients in mediation and arbitration matters. He works directly with clients, their insurers and counsel to obtain favorable outcomes in New York state cases. Additionally, he provides oversight on a wide variety of cases pending in Pennsylvania in order to assist in the representation of interstate clients.
- Obtained summary judgment for Automotive Parts manufacturer/distributor in a hotly contested asbestos case involving a 26 year old plaintiff based upon arguments including the applicable statute of limitations.
- Represented local festival organizer in a case of alleged negligent supervision and inadequate security. Obtained summary judgment based upon plaintiff's assumption of the risks involved in the altercation.
- Successfully elicited testimony in several asbestos cases facilitating voluntary dismissals and reasonable settlement amounts.
- Successfully negotiated several settlements in cases of alleged negligence and injury on property.
- West Virginia University, B.S., 1987
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 2000
- New York, 2007
- West Virginia, 2001
- Pennsylvania, 2000
- New York State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Damon Morey LLP, Special Counsel
- Riley, Hewitt, Witte & Romano, Associate
- Brown & Levicoff, Associate