Jean Everett has substantial experience serving as lead bond counsel to state and local agencies and authorities, with a particular emphasis on matters relating to the issuance of bonds and notes with tax-exempt interest, including general obligation bonds, qualified 501(c)(3) revenue bonds, Qualified Zone Academy Bonds, Qualified School Construction Bonds and revenue bonds to finance manufacturing facilities, solid waste disposal facilities and affordable housing. She regularly serve as underwriter’s counsel and counsel to banks purchasing tax-exempt revenue bonds. Jean advises industrial development agencies and local development corporations on governance and administration and provides counsel to lenders in loan transactions to nonprofits and as transactional counsel to large urban housing authorities and their affiliates, in both New York and the District of Columbia.
She is the Practice Group Leader for the firm's Financial Services Practice Group, is a past member of the firm’s Compensation Committee, past member of the firm's Diversity Partner Committee and past Recruiting Partner.
During her career, Jean has also served as in-house counsel at Syracuse Hancock International Airport, Pyramid Management Group, a regional shopping center developer, and the District of Columbia Housing Authority.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1988
- Cornell University, B.A., with distinction, 1980
- New York, 1996
- District of Columbia, 1995
- Massachusetts, 1988
- Pennsylvania, 2012
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Co-author, “Impact of Tax-Exempt Bond Rules on Alternate Uses of School Facilities,” The Reporter, NYS Association of School Board Officials, Summer, 2014.
- Co-author, “The Case of Gibson Plaza: Preserving Affordability in the Nation’s Capital,” Journal of Housing and Community Development, June 2011.
- Presenter, “Impact of Tenant Bankruptcies,” National Association of Produce Market Managers, May 2, 2005.
- Presenter, "Public/Private Development Partnerships," Lorman Education Services, December 2004.
- Martindale-Hubbell “BV” Distinguished® Peer Review Rated for High to Very High Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Everett Law Office, Principal
- Associate Executive Director of Real Estate Development at Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel, Partner
- Senior Counsel to the District of Columbia Housing Authority
- Special Projects Administrator for Syracuse Hancock International Airport
- Assistant General Counsel for a shopping center developer