James Gormley represents a wide variety of health care clients, including of tertiary care and community hospitals, behavioral health clinics, diagnostic and treatment centers, medical and hospital associations, physician groups, emergency department staffing companies, urgent care centers, and numerous voluntary agencies and individual providers.
Jim advises his clients on matters involving mergers and acquisitions, affiliations and networks, health home formation and operation, antitrust compliance, contract analysis and negotiations, corporate governance, diagnostic and treatment center development and funding, managed care, Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement, audits and investigations, medical staff governance, mergers, not-for-profit corporate matters, regulatory compliance, tax exempt compliance and related matters (including administrative proceedings).
He has created IPA/messenger model networks for hospitals, outpatient providers and medical associations, merged hospitals and other providers, and has advised providers on business and network development, risk assumption, clinical integration and related antitrust issues.
- Development, Operation and Sale of Urgent Care Centers
- Health Home Formation and Structuring
- Affiliations and Mergers of Health Care Providers
- FQHC Formation
- Audit and Compliance Representation
- Tax Exempt Client Advisory
- State University of New York at Fredonia, B.A., 1973
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1979
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2016, 2017 for Corporate Law and Health Care Law
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability