Ivan concentrates his practice on energy, regulatory, and environmental law. He advises on the effects of regulatory and environmental requirements imposed on the firm’s energy clients and is experienced in conducting legal research; assisting in litigation, negotiation, case strategy development, and investigations; and preparing state and federal documents.
While in law school, Ivan served as a legal intern in the New York State Office of the Attorney General’s Environmental Protection Bureau, a judicial extern for US Court of Appeals Judge Peter Hall, and a summer associate at Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP.
- Vermont Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Toronto, B.S.
- Seven Generations of Stewards, Board Member
- Co-Author, Year in Review, Environmental Disclosures, ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- American Bankruptcy Institute 2017 Medal of Excellence
- Vermont Law School Academic Excellence Awards in Bankruptcy, Energy, Negotiation, Public Law, Regulation, and Secured Transactions
- Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP, Summer Associate
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit to the Honorable Peter W. Hall, Judicial Extern
- New York State Attorney General, Environmental Protection Bureau, Legal Intern
- Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc., Legal Intern
- Hart House Investment Fund, University of Toronto, Senior Analyst for Metals & Mining
- Suncor Energy Inc., Operations Engineering Co-Op
- Suncor Energy, Inc., Mine Heavy Equipment Operator