Hoda concentrates her practice on intellectual property with a specific focus on patent matters. She represents clients in district courts and the Federal Circuit and before the US Patent Trial and Appeal Board and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Hoda has a deep understanding of intellectual property issues such as patent, trade secret, trademark, and copyright portfolio counseling, protection, and enforcement.
Hoda's dual technical background in biomechanical engineering and physics gives her a thorough understanding of her clients’ complex intellectual property in a broad range of technologies.
Hoda also has an extensive pro bono practice, representing a nonprofit at zoning board hearings and clients seeking asylum and access to health care.
While in law school, Hoda was a senior editor for the Columbia Law Review and co-president of the Science and Technology Law Society.
Prior to law school, she received a Fulbright US Fellowship grant to study bioethics in Damascus, Syria. Hoda is a member of Tau Beta Pi engineering and Sigma Pi Sigma physics honors societies.
- Represented a global telecommunications company in patent litigation against a competitor.
- Conducted patent due diligence for a leading cold beverage company in its acquisition of complimentary hot beverage company.
- Defended a multinational pharmaceutical company in ANDA litigation.
- Represented an industrial manufacturing company in both defensive and offensive patent litigation against competitor.
- Defended a finance company patent holder in covered business method review.
- Provided legal and business formation advice to establish a not-for-profit organization for inventors in the medical field to help secure their intellectual property rights.
- Columbia University Law School, J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 2013
- Adelphi University, B.S., magna cum laude, 2009
- Columbia University, B.S., cum laude, 2009
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Co-authored, "In a Nutshell: What to Expect in IP Litigation," Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, April 2014
- "Interplay of Patent Trial and Appeal Board and District Court Proceedings," Patent Litigation Lunch, March 2014
- Co-authored, "Indefiniteness Finally Gaining Some Respect," National Law Journal, February 2014
- US District Court for the Northern District of New York, Pro Bono Service Award, 2018
- Radulescu LLP, Associate
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates, Associate