Gary H. Abelson
2000 Five Star Bank Plaza
100 Chestnut Street
Rochester, New York 14604
Gary Abelson has spent his entire career concentrating his practice in all aspects of insurance litigation, representing carriers and their insureds in all types of matters. In recent years, Gary has focused on catastrophic injury cases including traumatic brain injuries as a result of automobile accidents and industrial accidents. In addition, Gary has also been involved in significant lead paint litigation representing landlords in claims of exposure of children to lead at rental properties.
- Outside counsel to numerous national insurance companies representing their insureds in all types of litigated matters.
- Defense of landlords in numerous lead paint lawsuits claiming cognitive and behavioral issues to children throughout Upstate New York.
- Successfully argued before the Court of Appeals in Giles v. Yi 23 NY 3d 592 (companion case to Hamilton v. Miller) that plaintiff counsel in lead poisoning cases must produce medical reports in accordance with 22 NYCRR 202.17 (b) (1) before defendants are required to schedule any Independent Medical Examinations.
- Representation of hotels, restaurants, and sports venues regarding injury claims of patrons.
- Defense of catastrophic injury cases involving allegations of traumatic brain injuries as a result of automobile accidents and construction claims.