Fred Wolf has more than 25 years of municipal experience. Most recently, he served as the Erie County Attorney for six years. Previously, he was the attorney for the Town of Aurora, the Village of Lancaster and Erie County Sewer District No. 4.
Fred has extensive experience counseling public and private businesses security transactions, general corporate and partnership matters, banking law, real estate development, land use, zoning, and commercial leasing and lending matters. Fred also provides estate and trust planning and administration for private individuals.
- Served as lead counsel for Goldome Bank and has represented several smaller banks in mergers and acquisitions and helped form two New York State chartered de novo banks, Jamestown Savings Bank and Greater Buffalo Savings Bank. Recently, Mr. Wolf represented Erie County on the sale of certain real property tax liens and currently represents the Erie County Tobacco Asset Securitization Corporation.
- Represented County of Erie in litigation and municipal law issues
- Counseling privately owned companies
- Land use zoning and development for privately owned companies
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S.
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., Senior Editor, Law Review
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Buffalo General Foundation, Former Trustee
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law Alumni Association, Former Director
- Monroe Title Insurance Corporation, Former Director
- Greater Buffalo Savings Bank, Former Director
- Great Lakes Bancorp, Inc, Former Director
- Niagara Frontier Vocational Rehabilitation Center, Inc., Former Director
- United Way of Buffalo and Erie County, Former Director
- Canisius High School, Former Board of Trustees
- Erie County Bar Association’s Banking Law Committee, Former Chair
- Selected by Peer Review for Inclusion in The Best Lawyer in America, 2010-2014, 2016-2018 for Administrative/Regulatory Law, Banking and Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, and Land Use and Zoning Law
- The Best Lawyers, 2014 “Lawyer of the Year” for Buffalo Land Use and Zoning
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Damon Morey LLP, Special Counsel
- Erie County, Attorney
- Town of Aurora, Attorney
- Village of Lancaster, Attorney
- Erie County Sewer District 4, Attorney