Fran focuses his practice in the areas of real estate and corporate law. He regularly represents purchasers and sellers in complex real estate matters and landlords and tenants in commercial leasing transactions. He also counsels property owners in real-property tax-assessment review proceedings and the formation and dissolution of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. Fran has also represented multiple entities in like-kind exchanges under the Internal Revenue Code, actions to quiet title under the Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law, and land use and development. As examining counsel to insurance companies, Fran analyzes and examines real estate titles and routinely handles large, complex title-insurance policies.
Fran has been a panel member for the New York State Bar Association on continuing legal education (CLE) programs related to real estate transactions.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- LeMoyne College, B.A.
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Christian Brothers Academy Alumni Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Syracuse Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year," 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Real Estate Law, 2019
- 2007 Leadership Greater Syracuse Program
- Gilberti Stinziano Heintz & Smith, P.C.