Eric Glynn focuses his practice on tort, commercial, real property tax, and condemnation litigation, as well as a variety of labor, employment, and corporate matters.
Eric graduated summa cum laude from SUNY Buffalo Law School where he was the Electronic Systems Editor of the Buffalo Law Review. While there, he received CALI awards for his academic work in legal analysis, writing, and research, copyright, and mass media law. He also had his student comment published, The Credit Industry and Identity Theft: How to End an Enabling Relationship.
He has previously worked as a Summer Associate and interned for the Honorable Richard C. Wesley, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, as well as the Niagara County Public Defender’s Office. Before law school, Eric served as a sergeant in the U.S. Army, deploying to Iraq twice and being awarded a Purple Heart.
- Worked closely with clients to effectively respond to various administrative labor and employment complaints.
- Drafted appeal briefs, dispositive motions, and other important pleadings and non- dispositive motions in civil litigation.
- Worked closely with clients to facilitate the sale of corporate assets, due diligence, drafting ancillary agreements, and resolving any other issues as they arise.
- Provided in-depth legal analysis on complex client issues such as successorship and accretion under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) as well as issues arising Article 2 (Sale of Goods) of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Took leading role in researching, briefing, and advising not-for-profit corporate clients regarding new requirements under Non-Profit Revitalization Act.
- Assisted in advising client about its obligations under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act to non-traditional employees.
- Assisted in researching novel legal topics from third-party liability in defamation actions, to virtual marking of patents, to banking regulations regarding the handling of social security disability payments.
- Assisted in reviewing labor union-employer collective bargaining agreements.
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, summa cum laude, Buffalo Law Review, 2013
- Exclesior College, B.A., cum laude, 2010
- Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center, A.A., 2008
- New York, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- "Attorneys React To High Court's Constructive Discharge Ruling," Law 360, May 2016
- "The Credit Industry and Identify Theft: How to End an Enabling Relationship," Buffalo Law Review, January 2013
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Associate
- Hon. Richard C. Wesley, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, Judicial Intern, 2013
- Hiscock & Barclay, Summer Associate, 2012
- Niagara County Public Defender's Office, Summer Intern, 2011
- U.S. Army, Human Intelligence Collector, Recipient of Purple Heart, 2003-2010