Elizabeth Holmes’s focus areas include litigation, zoning, and criminal defense. Her primary practice involves representing clients before municipal boards in zoning and land use matters such as use and area variances, special use permits, rezoning, and site plan and subdivision approval.
Elizabeth’s civil and criminal defense practice has included the successful management of several newsworthy cases, involving interviews with the media and televised courtroom appearances.
She is also admitted to practice in the Western District of New York and is a co-chair of the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York Western New York Chapter's Criminal Law Committee.
- Successful representation of a Fortune 500 company looking to expand its nationwide car dealership into Upstate New York from rezoning through site plan approval at the municipal level.
- Represented and advised multi-million companies on nationwide expansion and operation in accordance with municipal zoning laws and regulations.
- Represented and advised various sovereign nations within the Western District of New York on issues such as sovereignty and compliance with state and federal tax laws.
- Successful defense of both felony and misdemeanor DWI prosecutions in state and local courts in Erie and surrounding counties.
- Successfully represented a 9-year-old female in a gender discrimination action against a private football league.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., 2005
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 2010
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, Western New York Chapter
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star for Commercial Litigation and Land Use & Zoning, 2017
- Damon Morey LLP, Associate
- Lipsitz Green Scime & Cambria, Associate