Elizabeth Holmes’ focus areas include litigation, zoning and criminal defense. Her primary practice involves representation of clients before municipal boards in zoning and land use matters such as use and area variances, special use permits, rezoning, site plan and subdivision approval.
Elizabeth’s civil and criminal defense practice has included the successful management of several newsworthy cases, involving interviews with the media and televised courtroom appearances.
She is also admitted to practice in the Western District of New York and acts as the Co-Chair of the Criminal Law Committee of the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, Western New York Chapter.
- Successful representation of Fortune 500 company looking to expand its nationwide car dealership into upstate New York from rezoning through site plan approval at municipal level.
- Represented and advised multi-million dollar companies on nationwide expansion and operation in accordance with municipal zoning laws and regulations.
- Represented and advised various sovereign nations within the Western District of New York on issues such as sovereignty and compliance with state and federal tax laws.
- Successful defense of both Felony and Misdemeanor Driving While Intoxicated prosecutions in State and Local courts in Erie and surrounding counties.
- Successfully represented a nine year old female in a gender discrimination action against a private football league.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., 2005
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 2010
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, Western New York Chapter
- Super Lawyers Magazine, 2017 Rising Star for Commercial Litigation and Land Use & Zoning
- Damon Morey LLP, Associate
- Lipsitz Green Scime & Cambria, Associate