Liz Cominolli focuses her practice on intellectual property and corporate law matters, with a concentration on trademark matters. She advises clients on trademark clearance, registration, licensing, opposition, cancellation and enforcement matters. Her practice also includes drafting IP-related agreements such as licenses, assignments and coexistence agreements.
Prior to joining Barclay Damon, Liz was in-house counsel with a Syracuse area manufacturer where she managed the company’s trademark portfolio, including counseling business personnel on the clearance, selection, use, maintenance and enforcement of trademarks, assisted with the preparation of copyright applications and counseled business personnel on a wide variety of commercial agreements.
Liz is an active member of the firm's Women's Forum.
Liz is a graduate of Syracuse University College of Law, where she spent time as a student attorney in the Community Development Law Clinic and as an Associate Editor of the Syracuse Science and Technology Law Reporter. She also spent summers as a Legal Intern at O'Brien & Gere and PPC.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, Syracuse Science and Technology Law Reporter, Associate Editor, CALI Award for Exemplary Academic Performance in Contracts, Mackenzie-Strickland Scholarship Recipient, Justinian Honorary Law Society, 2010
- LeMoyne College, B.S., summa cum laude, Le Moyne College Presidential Scholarship, Myrtle G. Derschug Award Recipient, 2007
- New York, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Onondaga County Bar Association, Member
- International Trademark Association, Member
- Innovation American Inn of Court, Member
- "1 Year Since B&B Hardware," Law 360, March 23, 2016
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Associate
- John Mezzalingua Associates, Inc. d/b/a/ PPC, Legal Intern (2009-2010) and Associate Counsel (2010-2012)
- Syracuse University Community Development Law Clinic, Student Attorney
- O'Brien & Gere Limited, Legal Intern