Eileen has counseled clients regarding sophisticated estate planning techniques for high net worth individuals, such as family limited liability companies, charitable planning, life insurance trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and grantor retained annuity trusts. Her experience also includes the administration of estates of all sizes including informal and judicial settlements, preparation of estate and gift tax returns, disclaimers, and post-mortem tax planning. Eileen also has significant experience in Surrogate’s Court in contested accountings and probate proceedings.
Eileen graduated magna cum laude from Syracuse University College of Law and was Executive Editor on the Syracuse Law Review.
- Represented large regional restaurant chain in sale to large venture capital firm.
- Received favorable private letter ruling not-for-profit environmental company from Internal Revenue Service regarding change of exempt purpose.
- Represented several closely held businesses in producing due diligence, disclosure schedule and negotiating documents.
- Prepared application to Internal Revenue Service to obtain tax exempt status for charitable foundation being formed by a large utility company.
- Represented complicated and contentious estate in administration and filing of large estate tax return.
- Represented client in large transportation company in an income tax audit spanning 4 tax years.
- Represented venture capital firm in purchase of manufacturer of niche baked goods.
- Represented trustee in ongoing litigation for breach of fiduciary regarding trust with over $40 million in assets.
- Represented large commercial construction company in its sale to a Rochester company, reviewed all due diligence and drafted disclosure schedules
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in the sale of two lighting divisions to two different buyers.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Executive Editor, Syracuse Law Review, 2004
- Boston University, B.A., cum laude, 1998
- New York, 2005
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Associate
- Hancock & Estabrook, LLP, Associate