David Hehr is a seasoned litigation attorney. Over the past three decades, he has successfully tried a variety of cases to verdict in both federal and state courts, and is experienced in every phase of the civil litigation process.
His practice focuses primarily on the defense of personal injury and property damage claims, including experience in construction site accident, fire loss, automobile, and toxic tort litigation. A large part of his practice also is devoted to the defense of professional liability actions. He also has experience in the defense of environmental matters, including citizen suits, petroleum discharge claims, and clean-up litigation brought by federal and state authorities for contamination resulting from the disposal of hazardous waste.
His representative clients include multi-national, publicly traded manufacturing companies, large underwriters of commercial and specialty lines of insurance, an international petrochemical manufacturer, municipalities, hospitals and other health care facilities, construction companies and contractors, medical and legal professionals, and a state-wide electric utility company.
- Currently represents a global manufacturer of digital drive power and motion control systems in fire loss litigation.
- Represented a major Western New York construction company in personal injury litigation arising out of the construction of the Seneca Niagara Casino in Niagara Falls, New York.
- Successfully defended utility client in wrongful death litigation.
- Represents various insureds in the defense of personal injury and property damage actions arising out of automobile, premises liability, and toxic exposure claims.
- Represents a state-wide utility in the defense of an action for severe electrical contact injuries.
- Represents an attorney in the defense of professional liability action.
- Currently represents an environmental cleanup contractor in a personal injury matter resulting from a chemical explosion.
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., 1983
- Yale University, M.A., 1979
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., summa cum laude, 1978
- New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Defense Research Institute
- New York State Bar Association, Environmental Law, Commercial Litigation and Federal Litigation Sections
- Erie County Bar Association, Environmental Law Committee
“Environmentally Friendly Development, Design and Construction,” Continuing Legal Education for Architects and Engineers, New York Environmental Compliance for Design Professionals, September 2008
“Law of Engineering Malpractice,” Continuing Legal Education for Design Professionals, Legal Issues for New York Professional Engineers, Summer 2008
"Defense of Legal Malpractice Actions, " Continuing Legal Education for Lawyers, Legal Ethics in New York, March 2008
- Martindale-Hubbell “BV” Peer Review Rated for High to Very High Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel