Chris serves the needs of corporate and business clients on complex construction and commercial litigation matters involving a variety of business disputes.
Additionally, he is the Family Law Practice Area chair and focuses on matrimonial and family law matters that include divorces, separation or prenuptial agreements, and child custody, visitation, and support.
Chris has extensive jury and non-jury trial experience throughout New York State and has handled numerous arbitrations and mediations.
For decades, Chris has filed thousands of public and private mechanic’s liens in each of New York’s 62 counties and with most of New York’s public entities. His practice also includes frequent filing of bond claims and the foreclosure of mechanic’s liens and actions to enforce bond claims.
Chris is additionally involved in the litigation of numerous Article 3-A trust fund diversion actions throughout New York State.
Chris previously served as district counsel to New York State Senator Mary Lou Rath and as a business law adjunct at D’Youville College.
- Successfully conducted a multi-week jury trial on behalf of an internationally recognized asbestos abatement and demolition contractor in a case involving breach of contract.
- Successfully won a substantial AAA arbitration award for an internationally recognized asbestos abatement and demolition contractor in a case involving breach of contract.
- Successfully secured “relation back” lien rights on behalf of a contractor in a case where a debtor filed for bankruptcy and was arguing the lien filing violated the automatic stay.
- Successfully secured the right of a mother to relocate her children following a multi-week trial.
- Successfully secured favorable economic outcomes in several matrimonial cases following trials.
- Successfully secured child custody for a father in the military, as well as the right of the father to relocate to Panama following trial.
- Fordham University, B.A., 1990
- City University of New York School of Law, J.D., 1993
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, “Construction Work Site and Accident Litigation"
- Erie County Bar Association, “A New Year’s Resolution for Getting Paid and Collecting Fees”
- National Business Institute, “Resolving Problems and Disputes on Construction Projects in New York”
- National Business Institute, “Mechanic’s Lien Law and Strategies in New York”
- National Business Institute, “New York Construction Defect and Mold Litigation”
- National Business Institute, “Superior Deposition Strategies in New York Civil Trial Practice”
- Lorman Education Services, “Construction Issues in New York”
- Lorman Education Services, “Construction Lien Law in New York”
- Three-Time Recipient of the Buffalo Business First Legal Elite Award
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York: Business Litigation, 2014-2018
- Buffalo Business First Who's Who in Law, 2012
- Damon Morey LLP, Partner