Christopher Cardillo serves the needs of corporate and business clients on complex construction and commercial litigation involving a variety of business disputes.
Additionally, he is the Chair of our Family Law Practice Area and he focuses on matrimonial and family law matters that include divorces, separation or prenuptial agreements, and child custody, visitation and support.
Chris has extensive jury and non-jury trial experience throughout the State of New York, and has handled numerous arbitrations and mediations.
For decades, Chris has filed thousands of public and private mechanic’s liens in each of New York’s 62 Counties and with most of New York’s public entities. His practice also includes frequent filing of bond claims, and the foreclosure of mechanic’s liens and actions to enforce bond claims.
Chris is also involved in the litigation of numerous Article 3-A trust fund diversion actions throughout the State of New York.
He served as District Counsel to New York State Senator Mary Lou Rath and as an adjunct faculty member at D’Youville College where he taught business law 1 and 2.
- Successfully conducted a multi-week jury trial on behalf of an internationally recognized asbestos abatement and demolition contractor in a case involving breach of contract
- Successfully won a substantial AAA arbitration award for an internationally recognized asbestos abatement and demolition contractor in a case involving breach of contract
- Successfully secured “relation back” lien rights on behalf of contractor in a case where debtor filed for bankruptcy and was arguing the lien filing violated the automatic stay
- Successfully secured the right of mother to relocate her children following a multi-week trial
- Successfully secured favorable economic outcomes in several matrimonial cases following trials
- Successfully secured child custody for a father in the military, as well as the right of the father to relocate to Panama, following trial
- Fordham University, B.A., 1990
- City University of New York School of Law, J.D., 1993
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- “Construction Work Site and Accident Litigation," New York State Bar Association
- “A New Year’s Resolution for Getting Paid and Collecting Fees,” Erie County Bar Association
- “Resolving Problems and Disputes on Construction Projects in New York,” National Business Institute
- “Mechanic’s Lien Law and Strategies in New York,” National Business Institute
- “New York Construction Defect and Mold Litigation,” National Business Institute
- “Superior Deposition Strategies in new York Civil Trial Practice,” National Business Institute
- “Construction Issues in New York”, “Construction Lien Law in New York,” for Lorman Education Services
- Business First of Buffalo, 2016 Legal Elite Leaders of Western New York
- Selected by Peer Review for Inclusion in Super Lawyer Directory for 2014-2016 for Business Litigation
- Business First of Buffalo: 2012 Who's Who in Law List
- Damon Morey LLP, Partner