Caitlin J. Monjeau
80 State Street
Albany, New York 12207
Caitlin focuses her practice in Health Care and Human Services, representing health care providers, including behavioral health providers, clinical laboratories, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, physicians, and other licensed professionals in a variety of litigation, transactional, and compliance contexts. She regularly advises clients concerning compliance with the Antikickback Statute, physician self-referral statutes, HIPAA and HITECH, and other governing federal and state regulations; professional licensure and discipline; managed care contracting and compliance; private-payor recoupment, and other associated issues.
Caitlin is a frequent lecturer on managed care contracting, the New York Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs, the New York Compassionate Care Act, and developments in laboratory statutes and regulations.
She is admitted to practice in New York and Massachusetts.
- Duke University, A.B., cum laude, 2007
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2011
- New York
New York State Bar Association Young Lawyers Executive Committee (Health Section Liaison), Electronic Communications Committee, Committee on Animals in the Law
Capital District Women’s Bar Association, Judicial Task Force, Diversity and Gender Fairness Committee
Albany County Bar Association, Law Day Run Committee, Court of Appeals Dinner Committee
- Junior League of Albany, President, 2015-2018
- "All Politics is Local," Note, 91 Boston University Law Review, 1569
- O’Connell & Aronowitz, PC, Associate
- Office of the General Counsel, Boston University, Law Clerk
- New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, 3d Department. Law Clerk