Bryan Maggs is an experienced attorney who focuses his practice in the areas of civil litigation, commercial litigation and torts and insurance defense. He has a broad scope of experience in law and has worked in matters relating to general municipal law, insurance coverage, labor and employment litigation, personal injury, real estate, trusts and estates, corporate and mental hygiene law.
Bryan most recently worked as a partner at Davidson & O'Mara while also serving as Chemung County Attorney. As a litigator with Davidson & O’Mara, Bryan tried dozens of non-jury and jury trials and hearings to verdict, handling those matters from pleading to appeal. Among Bryan’s notable victories are no-cause (defense) jury verdicts on premises defect cases, and multiple cross-over head-on collisions; dismissal of workplace discrimination/harassment and police/correction officer misconduct cases; and successful insurance coverage litigation.
As County Attorney, Bryan provided legal counsel to county executive and department heads in the areas of labor relations, real property tax law, health care, election law, land use, environmental law, social services law, and municipal finance. Bryan also defended the County in human rights/discrimination matters; PERB unfair labor practice complaints; CBA interests arbitration; and employee discipline and grievance hearings.
Bryan has been an active member of the Army Reserve since 1993, and presently holds the rank of Major, while serving in the Judge Advocate General's (JAG) Corps.
Bryan received his bachelor's degree from Hilbert College and his law degree, cum laude, from the University at Buffalo.
Bryan is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the Chemung County Republican Committee, the Chemung County Historical Society, the Horseheads Girls Softball Association Board, and the Eldridge Park Carousel Preservation Society. He is admitted to practice in New York.
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., cum laude, Robert J. Connelly Trial Technique Award, Birzon Prize in Clinical Legal Studies, 2000
- Hilbert College, B.A., 1997
- New York, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Chemung County Republican Committee, Member
- Chemung County Historical Society, Board Member
- Eldridge Park Carousel Preservation Society, Board Member, Secretary
- Centenary United Methodist Church, Finance Committee
- Selected by Peer Review for Inclusion in Super Lawyer Directory 2017 for Torts & Products Liability Defense and Labor & Employment
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner
- Davidson & O'Mara, Partner
- Chemung County, County Attorney
- New York State Supreme Court, 6th Judicial District, Judicial Law Clerk
- New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, 3rd Department, Assistant Appellate Court Attorney
- U.S. Army Reserves, Brigade Judge Advocate General