Anne Evans's practice is primarily focused on commercial and residential real estate, title insurance preparation and review, commercial financing (including in and out-of-state projects and publicly and privately funded endeavors), and mortgage lending. She also assists clients with conveyancing, lease and contract drafting, review and negotiation, zoning and land use matters, title issues, easements, foreclosures, and workouts.
Anne is a New York State-licensed title insurance agent. She was previously associated with Miles & Stockbridge, a large general practice law firm in Baltimore, Maryland, where she focused on lender and developer representation in commercial real estate and secured transactions, commercial and residential foreclosures, and commercial workouts.
- Represented an international company from contract negotiations to closing in the acquisition of its first manufacturing facility in the United States.
- Assisted in the sale of over 12 skilled nursing, independent living, and assisted living facilities across Upstate New York to a national health care provider.
- Title examination and title preparation for residential developers, including tract subdivisions and homeowners’ association and condominium projects.
- Represented a national bank in multiple phases of its workout of an approximately $9 million mortgage loan to eight affiliated borrowers secured by multiple properties in Central and Northern New York.
- Assisted a national health care provider in acquiring and financing multiple sites in Upstate New York.
- Alfred University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1976
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1980
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State School Boards Association, Delegate
- Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda School District Board of Education, Former Vice President and Trustee
- The Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate Law, 2016 and 2018
- Super Lawyers: Real Estate, 2014-2017
- Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business: Real Estate (Upstate New York), 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Damon Morey LLP, Partner
- Miles and Stockbridge, Baltimore, Maryland