Trey primarily advises nonprofit and corporate clients in residential and commercial transactions, providing strategic guidance to leverage opportunities and mitigate risk.
He counsels on matters that include asset purchases and sales involving retail businesses, professional service businesses, and commercial properties such as childcare centers, fitness centers, hotels and motels, malls, office buildings, and restaurants.
He additionally advises on non-competition and confidentiality agreement documentation and right to build issues, and engages in lender representation in commercial mortgage transactions, including loans and facility refinancing. Trey also negotiates and prepares commercial leases and reciprocal easement agreements.
- Represented purchasers in the acquisition of numerous apartment projects and commercial properties in Jefferson, St. Lawrence, and Lewis Counties, including assistance with entity formation, financing, and leasing.
- In conjunction with the purchase of commercial real estate, provided advice regarding the legal aspects of commercial leases and the preparation of required reciprocal easement agreements.
- Provided advice and drafting in connection with the formation and structure of medical and dental practices and their wind down, along with subsequent asset sales.
- Represented an owner in the sale of a high-value art object.
- Represented a bottling company in the sale of its business territory and other assets.
- Assisted in the formation of numerous business entities.
- Represented sellers and buyers of second homes and recreational properties in Jefferson and St. Lawrence Counties.
- Regularly acts as general counsel to many small and mid-size businesses throughout Upstate New York.
- Represented buyers and sellers in asset and stock purchases and sales of retail businesses and commercial service firms, including related matters such as non-competition agreements, non-solicitation agreements, and employment agreements.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
Samaritan Summit Village, Board of Directors Chairman
- Samaritan Keep Home, Board of Directors Chairman
- Samaritan Medical Center, Board of Trustees Member
- Antique Boat Museum, Former Board of Trustees Chairman
- Samaritan Medical Center Foundation of Northern New York, Former Board of Trustees Chairman
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Menter, Rudin & Trivelpiece, P.C., Counsel