EMERGING TECHNOLOGY TEAM
Our Emerging Technology Team supports emerging technology companies in every step of the business building process, from start-up to protecting their intellectual property to exit strategies. Recognizing the needs of start-up entrepreneurs, we tailor our full range of legal services with fee agreements specific to each client’s business goals and objectives.
We work with our clients to identify the most appropriate type of business entity, that will serve them at start-up and support future business operations as they grow. We help assess and protect our clients’ immediate and long-term interests and assets, identify and evaluate capitalization strategies, and implement appropriate strategies as they evolve.
Once a plan has been established to move the business from an idea to a product, we work with our clients to identify appropriate financing solutions. We assist clients with complex transactions, including early-stage financing rounds, mezzanine financing, and initial and follow-on public offerings. We also can introduce our clients to various angel investors, venture capital funds, and strategic investors.
Our intellectual property attorneys are engaged early in the development process to assist clients with patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright protection. Our attorneys have prosecuted thousands of patent applications, and can prosecute applications in a timely and cost-effective manner. We also have extensive experience in structuring sophisticated licensing agreements and IP transactions. If necessary, our litigators will defend our clients’ intellectual property through collaborative dispute resolution or aggressive litigation.
As a full-service law firm, we are able to support our clients on a host of issues. We can provide guidance in all areas of human resources, including trade secret protection, incentive plans, employee benefits, 401K plans and ERISA. We can provide assistance in managing real estate transactions, advising on tax liability, and resolving disputes. We also work closely with our clients on governance issues, providing advice to their board, and when appropriate, serving as their outside general counsel.
Blue Highway – Our Technology Incubator Partner
In addition to providing quality legal services, we work with our strategic partners at Blue Highway to provide insight into maximizing potential commercial viability. Blue Highway is a technology incubator, with experience in a wide range of technologies. We work with Blue Highway to analyze our client’s technology, provide patent maps, review the client’s business model and offer strategic advice in commercialization.
We do all of these things with an eye to providing quality legal services in a cost-effective and efficient manner, in order to give our emerging technology clients their best shot at success.
Emerging Technology Services
We provide clients a full range of legal services, including:
- Business and financial plan evaluation
- Entity selection and formation
- Access to funding sources
- Corporate governance Seed and Angel investments, venture capital financings, and equipment financing
- Stock option and other employee incentive plans;
- Intellectual property advice for patent, trademarks, copyrights and licensing
- Confidentiality, non-disclosure and non-competition agreements
- Employment contracts, employee benefits, 401K plans and ERISA
- Confidentiality and trade secret protection
- Immigration services
- Attorneys Kasey Barrett and Amanda Miller Join Barclay Damon
- Former Summer Associate Ryan Altieri Joins Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon’s Win on Appeal for Greenidge Generation, LLC Covered by Law360
- Marcy Robinson Dembs Published in Northern New York Community Foundation Newsletter
- Thawing the Frozen Obama-Era Disclosure Requirements: Federal Judge Rules Gender Pay Reporting May Be Mandated This Spring
- Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave: Coming Soon
- OCR Announces Resolution of Complaint That Health Care System Denied a Heart Transplant Opportunity Based on Disability
- Unanimous Supreme Court Rigid on Missed Appeal Deadline