Three Hiscock & Barclay Rochester Attorneys Selected for “Best Lawyers in America”
Thirteen Hiscock & Barclay, LLP attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2011 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, one of the oldest and most respected peer-review publications in the legal profession.
The current edition of Best Lawyers is based on more than 3.9 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers who selected the following three Hiscock & Barclay attorneys from the Firm’s Rochester office – one of which is dually recognized as sole “Lawyer of the Year” in his respective field as well:
- James S. Grossman (Partner), is listed under the Best Lawyers category of Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law.
- Don H. Twietmeyer (Partner), is listed under the Best Lawyers category of Trusts and Estates.
- Thomas F. Walsh (Partner) is listed under the Best Lawyers categories of Environmental Law and Litigation – Environmental. Mr. Walsh was also named the Best Lawyers’ 2012 Rochester Environmental Law Lawyer of the Year. Only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is bestowed this honor as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Hiscock & Barclay has ten additional attorneys selected for inclusion in the 2011 Best Lawyers in American from its other New York offices:
- George S. Deptula (Syracuse), Banking and Finance Law and Corporate Law
- Vincent P. Hauber (Buffalo), Real Estate Law and Litigation – Real Estate
- Frederick S. Marty (Syracuse), Trusts and Estates
- Kevin R. McAuliffe (Syracuse), Project Finance Law
- Mark R. McNamara (Buffalo), Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Judith M. Sayles (Syracuse), Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- John P. Sindoni (Syracuse), Real Estate Law
- Gerald F. Stack (Syracuse), Tax Law
- Edward J. Trombly (Albany), Real Estate Law
- Catherine T. Wettlaufer (Buffalo), Trusts and Estates
Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, listed as a “Top 250 Firm” by The National Law Journal, is a full-service, 200-attorney law firm, with offices throughout the major cities of New York State, as well as in Boston, Washington, D.C. and Toronto, providing comprehensive legal and business counsel to a diverse client base in 30 practice areas.
- New York Court of Appeals Narrows Trigger for Additional Insured Coverage
- Proposed Bill Would Allow Date Of Discovery To Control Statute Of Limitations In Medical Malpractice Actions
- Supreme Court Upholds ERISA Exemption for Retirement Plans of Religiously Affiliated Hospitals
- Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) Publishes "Auto-Waiver" For Certain Providers To Reduce Admissions and Discharge Documentation Requirements When Transferring Patients