Three Hiscock & Barclay Buffalo Attorneys Selected for “Best Lawyers in America”
Thirteen Hiscock & Barclay, LLP attorneys, including three in the Buffalo office, have been selected for inclusion in the 2011 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, one of the oldest and most respected peer-review publications in the legal profession.
The current edition of Best Lawyers is based on more than 3.9 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers who selected the following three Hiscock & Barclay attorneys from the Firm’s Buffalo office – one of which is dually recognized as sole “Lawyer of the Year” in her respective field as well:
- Vincent P. Hauber (Partner) is listed under the Best Lawyers categories of Real Estate Law and Litigation – Real Estate.
- Mark R. McNamara (Partner) is listed under the Best Lawyers categories of Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law.
- Catherine T. Wettlaufer (Partner) is listed under the Best Lawyers categories of Trusts and Estates. Ms. Wettlaufer was also named the Best Lawyers’ 2012 Buffalo Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year. Only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is bestowed this honor as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Hiscock & Barclay has ten additional attorneys selected for inclusion in the 2011 Best Lawyers in American from its other New York offices:
- George S. Deptula (Syracuse), Banking and Finance Law and Corporate Law
- James S. Grossman (Rochester), Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Frederick S. Marty (Syracuse), Trusts and Estates.
- Kevin R. McAuliffe (Syracuse), Project Finance Law.
- Judith M. Sayles (Syracuse), Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- John P. Sindoni (Syracuse), Real Estate Law
- Gerald F. Stack (Syracuse), Tax Law
- Edward J. Trombly (Albany), Real Estate Law
- Don H. Twietmeyer (Rochester), Trusts and Estates
- Thomas F. Walsh (Rochester), Environmental Law and Litigation – Environmental
Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, listed as a “Top 250 Firm” by The National Law Journal, is a full-service, 200-attorney law firm, with offices throughout the major cities of New York State, as well as in Boston, Washington, D.C. and Toronto, providing comprehensive legal and business counsel to a diverse client base in 31 practice areas.
- With the Beginning of a New Academic Year, Colleges Must Be Mindful of Students’ Needs for Reasonable Accommodations
- Physician’s Office Fires Back at Patient Who Posted Negative Online Reviews
- The "Internet of Things" Is Primed for a Litigation Explosion: Could It Impact You?
- New York State Issues Draft Model Sexual Harassment Policy, Complaint Form, and Training Materials