Oil & Gas Attorney Yvonne E. Hennessey Joins Hiscock & Barclay
Attorney Yvonne E. Hennessey joins Hiscock & Barclay’s Albany office as a partner in the firm’s Energy and Environmental Practice Areas. She brings years of experience representing clients in the oil and gas sector on complex regulatory and litigation matters and, more specifically, shale development matters. Hennessey also has extensive experience in the Clean Air Act, hazardous waste site cleanup, and the siting and permitting of energy, solid waste and industrial facilities.
“We are very pleased to have Yvonne join Hiscock & Barclay as an integral member of our Energy and Environmental teams” said John P Langan, Managing Partner, in announcing Hennessey’s move to Hiscock & Barclay. “She possesses as much, if not more, hands-on legal experience in the development of shale projects in New York State as any other attorney, and will be an asset to our extensive base of energy clients as they continue to invest in the development of the Marcellus and Utica Shales.”
Hennessey has been actively involved in supporting oil and gas clients in the development of shale projects across New York State and in Pennsylvania. In addition to her extensive speaking engagements on this topic, Hennessey’s experience includes:
- Involvement in the 2008 amendments to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Law to accommodate shale development in New York, including the Marcellus and Utica shales.
- Representation of industry working group in the environmental review process being conducted by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation to prepare a Supplemental Generic Environmental Impact Statement relative to high-volume hydraulic fracturing, corresponding regulations and a stormwater permit for high-volume hydraulic fracturing.
- Representation of various natural gas operators in force majeure lease disputes stemming from the current moratorium in New York on high-volume hydraulic fracturing.
- Advising clients on well spacing and compulsory integration matters before the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Representation of natural gas operators relative to road-use agreements with local municipalities.
- Advising clients on water supply issues, including permitting before the Susquehanna River Basin Commission and the Delaware River Basin Commission.
- Serving as counsel for natural gas operator and landowner in cases of first impression in New York regarding the scope of local preemption under the Oil, Gas and Solution Mining Law.
- Represent a large interstate pipeline company and industry working group before the United States Army Corps of Engineers to help streamline the permitting process for linear energy projects.
“I am excited to be re-joining Hiscock & Barclay. I started my law firm career here in 1999 as an Associate, and I am very familiar with the firm’s strengths across the board in energy, regulatory, environmental and litigation.” Hennessey stated as her reasons for moving back to Hiscock & Barclay. “I believe the firm has one of the strongest platforms available for oil and gas companies looking to invest in shale development, and I look forward to teaming with my new partners to further advance the needs of our clients.”
Hennessey was recognized by the New York State Bar Association in September 2010 as one of the "brightest young members" of the Environmental Law Section. Most recently, she was named to the 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in America.
Prior to rejoining Hiscock & Barclay, Hennessey was a partner in The West Firm, where she was Chair of the Regulation and Litigation Practice. Before that she was at O’Connell & Aronowitz and with the Albany office of LaBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae. Hennessey is admitted to practice in New York, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts and is a member of the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation, Albany County Bar Association, Capital District Women’s Bar Association, Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, New York State Bar Association’s Environmental Law Section’s Executive Committee where she serves as the Co-chair of Section's Task Force on Legal Ethics, and she is the President-Elect of the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association.
Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, listed as a “Top 250 Firm” by The National Law Journal, is a full-service, 200-attorney law firm, with offices throughout the major cities of New York State, as well as in Boston, Washington, D.C. and Toronto, providing comprehensive legal and business counsel to a diverse client base in 31 practice areas. For more information on Hiscock & Barclay, visit www.hblaw.com.
- Provider Due Process Under Fire Amid Flurry of Network Terminations
- New York State Accepting Applications for Growing and Processing Industrial Hemp
- A Second New York State Appellate Court Rejects the Department of Labor’s “13-Hour Rule” and Finds That Home Care Attendants Working 24-Hour Shifts Must Be Compensated for All 24-Hours
- Case-by-Case Analysis Required for Sports-Related Personal Injury Cases