Hiscock & Barclay Seminar Series Continues With “Are You Ready to Sign a New Commercial Lease?”
Rochester, New York - January 10, 2014 - Hiscock & Barclay, LLP continues its “The Law Applied for Business” seminar series in Rochester January 22 with a seminar entitled: “Are You Ready to Sign a New Commercial Lease?”
The seminar, presented by attorney Steven J. Tranelli, will cover a number of essential points to be considered by tenants prior to entering into a commercial lease, including rent , additional rent, landlord’s/tenant’s work, lease term, renewal options, assignment and subletting, rent commencement date, maintenance and repairs, alterations and expansion rights. Mr. Tranelli is a partner at Hiscock & Barclay with more than 25 years of experience representing landlords and tenants in commercial leasing negotiations for retail, office, manufacturing and shopping center leases.
“Are You Ready to Sign a New Commercial Lease,” will be held from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Midvale Country Club in Perinton. There is no charge, but registration is required. A continental breakfast will be served starting at 7:30 a.m.
Who should attend? Business owners, facilities managers, COOs and CFOs.
Upcoming seminars in “The Law Applied” series include:
- “Are You Ready to Discipline and Terminate Employees?” with attorneys Susan Schultz Laluk and Scott P. Rogoff explaining recommended discipline and termination procedures, and severance agreements.
- “Are You Ready to Protect Your Business with Insurance?” with attorney Mark T. Whitford, Jr. discussing various coverage options to protect your business, how to ensure that your company is protected once a loss occurs and insurance considerations when drafting leases and other agreements.
Register online at http://www.hblaw.com/events/Are-You-Ready-To-Sign-a-New-Commercial-Lease or contact Mary DiVincenzo at email@example.com or (585) 295-4443.
Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, listed as a “Top 250 Firm” by The National Law Journal, is a full-service, 200-attorney law firm, with offices throughout the major cities of New York State, as well as in Boston, Washington, Newark, N.J. and Toronto, providing comprehensive legal and business counsel to a diverse client base in 30 practice areas.
- New York Appellate Court Holds That Insurer May Rescind Policy Based on Unintentional Material Misrepresentation in Application for Policy
- The Supreme Court Finally Weighs In On The Boundaries Of Copyrightability For Useful Articles
- U.S. District Court In Hawaii Issues TRO to Block Second Travel Ban the Day Before it is Set to Take Effect
- No Apportionment of Fault Where the State Occupies the “Empty Chair”