Hiscock & Barclay Seminar Series Continues With “Are You Ready for Year-End Employment Issues?”
Rochester, New York - October 30, 2013 - Hiscock & Barclay, LLP is continuing its “The Law Applied for Business” seminar series in Rochester Nov. 19 with its second seminar, “Are You Ready for Year-End Employment Issues?”
The seminar, with attorneys Susan Schultz Laluk and Scott P. Rogoff, will cover timely topics including how to avoid liability for holiday parties, annual performance evaluations, proper treatment of bonuses under the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Wage Theft Prevention Act Notice and new regulations for permissible wage deductions.
“Are You Ready for Year-End Employment Issues,” will be held from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Midvale Country Club in Perinton. There is no charge and a continental breakfast will be served starting at 7:30 a.m. Registration is required.
Who should attend? Business owners, human resources personnel, office managers and chief operating officers.
Upcoming seminars in “The Law Applied” series include:
• “Are You Ready to Sign a New Commercial Lease?” with attorney Steven J. Tranelli discussing key issues businesses should consider when leasing real property.
• “Are You Ready to Discipline and Terminate Employees?” with attorneys Susan Schultz Laluk and Scott P. Rogoff explaining recommended discipline and termination procedures, and severance agreements.
• “Are You Ready to Protect Your Business with Insurance?” with attorney Mark T. Whitford Jr. discussing various coverage options to protect your business, how to ensure that your company is protected once a loss occurs and insurance considerations when drafting leases and other agreements.
Register online at www.hblaw.com/events or contact Alana Archer at email@example.com or (585) 295-4437.
Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, listed as a “Top 250 Firm” by The National Law Journal, is a full-service, 200-attorney law firm, with offices throughout the major cities of New York State, as well as in Boston, Washington, Newark, N.J. and Toronto, providing comprehensive legal and business counsel to a diverse client base in 30 practice areas.
- Request for Grant Applications for Higher Education Capital Matching Grant Program Posted on DASNY'S Website
- Pending Tax Legislation Update
- NYSDEC to Promulgate New Rule Regulating Air Emissions From the Oil and Gas Industry
- Colleges and Universities Targeted in Trending ADA Website Accessibility Litigation