Gilberti Combo Earns Media Praise
Barclay Damon’s addition of 11 attorneys and all staff from the energy-environmental firm Gilberti Stinziano Heintz & Smith, announced November 1, 2017, received coverage from numerous high-profile media outlets.
- In New York Law Journal, “Gobbling Smaller Firms, Barclay Damon Sets Sights on Growth,” author Christine Simmons quotes John Langan, Barclay Damon’s managing partner, saying the deal with Gilberti will qualify the firm for AmLaw 200 ranking. Simmons also notes the firm “is in serious talks now with two smaller firms for mergers that could close next year.”
- In Law360, “Barclay Damon Picks Up NY Enviro, Energy Boutique,” author Adam Lidgett quotes Langan saying that bringing on attorneys from Gilberti is part of the larger growth of Barclay Damon’s energy practice. “The firm recently completed a deal to add four attorneys from the Massachusetts-based McCauley Lyman LLC to its renewable energy team,” Lidgett notes.
Other notable articles include:
- Syracuse.com, “Powerful Syracuse Law Firm Barclay Damon Brings Another Local Firm Into Its Fold”
- Central New York Business Journal, “Barclay Damon Combines With Gilberti Law Firm”
- Buffalo Law Journal, “Syracuse-Based Law Firm Acquired by Barclay Damon”
- A “Radical” Option for Preventing Email Phishing Scams
- OMIG Releases 2018 SSL Certification Process Webinar
- Barclay Damon Awarded Injunction From NYS Supreme Court in Favor of Downstate DME Providers
- NYS Appellate Division Holds That SEC Disgorgement of Over $140 Million is an Uninsurable Penalty Under Professional Liability Policy