Gilberti Combo Earns Media Praise
Barclay Damon’s addition of 11 attorneys and all staff from the energy-environmental firm Gilberti Stinziano Heintz & Smith, announced November 1, 2017, received coverage from numerous high-profile media outlets.
- In New York Law Journal, “Gobbling Smaller Firms, Barclay Damon Sets Sights on Growth,” author Christine Simmons quotes John Langan, Barclay Damon’s managing partner, saying the deal with Gilberti will qualify the firm for AmLaw 200 ranking. Simmons also notes the firm “is in serious talks now with two smaller firms for mergers that could close next year.”
- In Law360, “Barclay Damon Picks Up NY Enviro, Energy Boutique,” author Adam Lidgett quotes Langan saying that bringing on attorneys from Gilberti is part of the larger growth of Barclay Damon’s energy practice. “The firm recently completed a deal to add four attorneys from the Massachusetts-based McCauley Lyman LLC to its renewable energy team,” Lidgett notes.
Other notable articles include:
- Syracuse.com, “Powerful Syracuse Law Firm Barclay Damon Brings Another Local Firm Into Its Fold”
- Central New York Business Journal, “Barclay Damon Combines With Gilberti Law Firm”
- Buffalo Law Journal, “Syracuse-Based Law Firm Acquired by Barclay Damon”
- Informed Intermediary Doctrine Not Applicable to Industrial Employer and Its Employees
- New York Enacts Sweeping Sexual Harassment Legislation Part Two: Sexual Harassment Certification Requirements and NYS Contract Bidding
- OCR Launches Website Accessibility Technical Assistance Initiative
- NYSDEC to Prohibit Coal-Fired Generation in Power Plants After 2020