Diversity & Inclusion
At Barclay Damon, our commitment to diversity and inclusion (D&I) is at the core of the firm’s philosophy. We understand that varied backgrounds and perspectives result in a diversity of thought and ideas. This helps us achieve superior performance and an environment in which people feel supported and can excel and meet their full potential.
We understand the importance of D&I as an organizational resource and actively uphold D&I values through a variety of initiatives. Barclay Damon diversity partners and Diversity Leadership Teams meet regularly to coordinate firm involvement in local charitable activities and to plan the annual office Community Day events, where attorneys and staff work together on out-of-office volunteer projects. This commitment makes an important statement about the values we share as a firm and the environment we try to cultivate at our office. It also builds community and fosters growth and learning.
The firm offers “Lunch ‘n Learn” video-conference presentations to all employees where speakers, generally experts from outside the firm, share information on a range of subjects. Recent topics have included substance-use disorders, legislation affecting LGTBQ people, implicit bias, the religion of Islam, and workplace wellness.
Another critical component of our D&I mission involves supporting the next generation of leaders in our communities. This idea drove the creation of our firm’s high school Pipeline Internship Program for minority students as well as our Diversity 1L Mentoring Program and Diversity 1L Summer Associate Program, which presents a unique, paid opportunity for first-year law students from traditionally underserved populations to gain professional experience. Many of our attorneys also partner with local schools to regularly volunteer for career fairs, after-school mentoring programs for at-risk youth, and other programs.
Barclay Damon embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace through a commitment to education, dialogue, and relationship building. We strive to offer the highest level of client service and recognize that a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive community of legal professionals is vital to our success. We celebrate persons of all races, gender identities, ages, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
- Attorneys Kasey Barrett and Amanda Miller Join Barclay Damon
- Former Summer Associate Ryan Altieri Joins Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon’s Win on Appeal for Greenidge Generation, LLC Covered by Law360
- Marcy Robinson Dembs Published in Northern New York Community Foundation Newsletter
- Thawing the Frozen Obama-Era Disclosure Requirements: Federal Judge Rules Gender Pay Reporting May Be Mandated This Spring
- Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave: Coming Soon
- OCR Announces Resolution of Complaint That Health Care System Denied a Heart Transplant Opportunity Based on Disability
- Unanimous Supreme Court Rigid on Missed Appeal Deadline