Transmission in the Northeast Conference
Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:00 am - Friday, January 24, 2014 12:00 pm
One Financial Center Building
1 Financial Center
Resolving Key Issues from Capacity to Cybersecurity
Law Seminars International is the presenter of this conference.
Ongoing challenges to the integration of economic renewable resources, the siting of transmission reliability projects and opening up access in the Northeast United States to resources in Eastern Canada, to name a few, have led states, system operators and industry executives in the Northeast to revisit questions related to transmission planning, the allocation of transmission costs among states and industry participants, and the priorities of state renewable energy policies. The challenges of large-scale transmission and resource planning are being further stressed by an emerging industry of advanced energy technologies that could change the fundamental footprint and operations of regional and local transmission and distribution grids.
This conference examines the issues surrounding transmission and advanced energy technology development along with the regulatory changes that are affecting expansion, coordination and planning efforts.
Our faculty will speak frankly about where the money is flowing and why, examining case studies from around the region and their implications. Their choices and decision-making processes provide practical tips and techniques for builders, operators and users of the electric transmission system.
You will learn about:
- FERC Post-Order 1000 transmission proceedings with an impact on the Northeast
- Update on transmission development in New England from planning and market participant perspectives
- Transmission for access to Canadian resources
- Coordinated procurement and what it implies for coordinated construction
- Transmission’s role in meeting the goal of cheap power
- Electric grid modernization: New technologies coming down the pike
- The emerging issue of infrastructure cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity challenges and solutions
- James P. Domagalski a Featured Presenter at Environmental Conference
- Tim Green and Derek Jeter Co-Author "Baseball Genius," Available March 7
- Planning for changes in disabilities law
- Robert Thorpe Joins Barclay Damon’s Syracuse Office
- New York Appellate Court Holds That Insurer May Rescind Policy Based on Unintentional Material Misrepresentation in Application for Policy
- The Supreme Court Finally Weighs In On The Boundaries Of Copyrightability For Useful Articles
- U.S. District Court In Hawaii Issues TRO to Block Second Travel Ban the Day Before it is Set to Take Effect
- No Apportionment of Fault Where the State Occupies the “Empty Chair”