Transmission in the Northeast Conference
Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:00 am - Friday, January 24, 2014 12:00 pm
One Financial Center Building
1 Financial Center
Resolving Key Issues from Capacity to Cybersecurity
Law Seminars International is the presenter of this conference.
Ongoing challenges to the integration of economic renewable resources, the siting of transmission reliability projects and opening up access in the Northeast United States to resources in Eastern Canada, to name a few, have led states, system operators and industry executives in the Northeast to revisit questions related to transmission planning, the allocation of transmission costs among states and industry participants, and the priorities of state renewable energy policies. The challenges of large-scale transmission and resource planning are being further stressed by an emerging industry of advanced energy technologies that could change the fundamental footprint and operations of regional and local transmission and distribution grids.
This conference examines the issues surrounding transmission and advanced energy technology development along with the regulatory changes that are affecting expansion, coordination and planning efforts.
Our faculty will speak frankly about where the money is flowing and why, examining case studies from around the region and their implications. Their choices and decision-making processes provide practical tips and techniques for builders, operators and users of the electric transmission system.
You will learn about:
- FERC Post-Order 1000 transmission proceedings with an impact on the Northeast
- Update on transmission development in New England from planning and market participant perspectives
- Transmission for access to Canadian resources
- Coordinated procurement and what it implies for coordinated construction
- Transmission’s role in meeting the goal of cheap power
- Electric grid modernization: New technologies coming down the pike
- The emerging issue of infrastructure cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity challenges and solutions
- Leading Bankruptcy Law Firm Menter, Rudin & Trivelpiece Combines With Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Secures Victory for Montana Department of Revenue
- New York State Bar Association Journal: A New York State of Marijuana
- Sara Payne Featured on RBJ BizCast Podcast
- A Second New York State Appellate Court Rejects the Department of Labor’s “13-Hour Rule” and Finds That Home Care Attendants Working 24-Hour Shifts Must Be Compensated for All 24-Hours
- A New Pitfall for Licensors of Multicomponent Inventions – the Supreme Court’s Life Techs Decision
- A Properly Executed “Release From Responsibility For Discharge” Form May Not Actually Release a Hospital
- 2016 Year in Review