Syracuse University College of Law Conference on Racial Diversity in Legal Education and the Legal Profession
Friday, October 17, 2014
2:15 pm - 3:30 pm
Syracuse University College of Law
950 Irving Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13244
Hiscock & Barclay Of Counsel Angela C. Winfield spoke at Syracuse University's College of Law Conference on Racial Diversity in Legal Education and the Legal Profession on October 17, 2014. Winfield co-facilitated a discussion on diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The one-day conference examined and discussed obstacles to racial and ethnic diversity and inclusion in legal education and the legal profession. Some of the topics discussed included how to:
- Identify and implement effective approaches to increase racial and ethnic diversity in law schools.
- Develop essential lawyering skills and cultural competencies to meet the legal needs of diverse communities.
- Explore how law schools can create an environment where students of color thrive, engage, and remain connected to the law school and the legal community at large.
- Devise an action plan for law schools and legal employers that incorporates deliberate efforts to make inclusion matter in their institutions and their communities.
- Tim Green Releases 38th Book, The Big Game, Available Now
- Fifty-One Barclay Damon Attorneys to Be Featured in the 2019 Best Lawyers in America
- Eighty Barclay Damon Attorneys Selected to 2018 NY Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Sara Payne Featured on Capital Pressroom Medical Marijuana Episode
- Examining Beneficial Ownership and Risk-Based Customer Due Diligence
- NY Federal Judge Rules Male Coach Can Bring a Sex Discrimination Claim Based on Alleged Title IX Violations Affecting a Women’s Sports Program
- Expect Delays in Issuance of Employment Authorization Documents
- NYS Energy Storage Roadmap Technical Conferences Announced