Sick Leave Law in New York
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Lorman Educational Services Live Webinar
Lorman Educational Services
This topic will review New York State requirements as they relate to sick leave in New York. The new Paid Family Leave Act will be reviewed so you have a better understanding of the statute's requirements, practical impacts and implementation date. The goal is to empower companies to manage leave laws and to not be managed by leave laws. This topic provides a clear understanding of what the law is today and how it will evolve over the next several years. The next step is to understand what watchdogs look for so that companies know how to avoid pitfalls that can lead to unwanted and costly litigation.
- You will be able to describe New York State Paid Family Leave Act.
- You will be able to identify how disability benefits and coverage tie to the New York State Paid Family Leave Act.
- You will be able to discuss how it impacts an employer's vacation, sick or paid time off policies.
- You will be able to explain sick leave policy requirements.
- I-Team: Judge sides with city, orders jail beating tape withheld from public view
- Daniela C. Weiss Joins Barclay Damon's Albany Office
- John Cook Elected President of Le Moyne College's Alumni Association Board
- The Honorable John F. Quinn, Former U.S. Congressman and ECC President, Joins Barclay Damon
- NY Appellate Division Issues Several Decisions as to Liability Insurers’ Denials of Coverage Based on Late Notice of Claims
- General Obligations Law § 5-335 Prohibits Insurer’s Reduction in Disability Benefits
- Health Care Compliance and Responsibilities of Boards of Directors
- New York State Expands Opportunities for Industrial Hemp Production and Processing