Sick Leave Law in New York
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Lorman Educational Services Live Webinar
Lorman Educational Services
This topic will review New York State requirements as they relate to sick leave in New York. The new Paid Family Leave Act will be reviewed so you have a better understanding of the statute's requirements, practical impacts and implementation date. The goal is to empower companies to manage leave laws and to not be managed by leave laws. This topic provides a clear understanding of what the law is today and how it will evolve over the next several years. The next step is to understand what watchdogs look for so that companies know how to avoid pitfalls that can lead to unwanted and costly litigation.
- You will be able to describe New York State Paid Family Leave Act.
- You will be able to identify how disability benefits and coverage tie to the New York State Paid Family Leave Act.
- You will be able to discuss how it impacts an employer's vacation, sick or paid time off policies.
- You will be able to explain sick leave policy requirements.
- Barclay Damon Welcomes Back Attorney David Glasel
- Buffalo Business First: Meet Emerging Attorney Bridget Steele
- Attorney David Fulvio Joins Barclay Damon
- Attorneys Steve Blow and Alexandra Locke Join Barclay Damon
- Secondary Drug Wholesalers Get Some Relief in Federal Action Challenging VAWD-Accreditation Standards
- Medicare Shared Savings Program Version 2.0: Will the Carrot-and-Stick Approach Increase ACO Participation?
- Department of Health and Human Services Releases Cybersecurity Guidance and Resources Tailored to Health Industry
- Indemnification Provision in Alarm-Monitoring Contract Valid Despite Unresolved Questions of Fact Regarding Gross Negligence