Sick Leave Law in New York
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Lorman Educational Services Live Webinar
Lorman Educational Services
This topic will review New York State requirements as they relate to sick leave in New York. The new Paid Family Leave Act will be reviewed so you have a better understanding of the statute's requirements, practical impacts and implementation date. The goal is to empower companies to manage leave laws and to not be managed by leave laws. This topic provides a clear understanding of what the law is today and how it will evolve over the next several years. The next step is to understand what watchdogs look for so that companies know how to avoid pitfalls that can lead to unwanted and costly litigation.
- You will be able to describe New York State Paid Family Leave Act.
- You will be able to identify how disability benefits and coverage tie to the New York State Paid Family Leave Act.
- You will be able to discuss how it impacts an employer's vacation, sick or paid time off policies.
- You will be able to explain sick leave policy requirements.
- Fifty-One Barclay Damon Attorneys to Be Featured in the 2019 Best Lawyers in America
- Eighty Barclay Damon Attorneys Selected to 2018 NY Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Sara Payne Featured on Capital Pressroom Medical Marijuana Episode
- Kelsey Till Thompson Joins Barclay Damon as Associate
- Examining Beneficial Ownership and Risk-Based Customer Due Diligence
- NY Federal Judge Rules Male Coach Can Bring a Sex Discrimination Claim Based on Alleged Title IX Violations Affecting a Women’s Sports Program
- Expect Delays in Issuance of Employment Authorization Documents
- NYS Energy Storage Roadmap Technical Conferences Announced