Sick Leave Law in New York
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Lorman Educational Services Live Webinar
Lorman Educational Services
This topic will review New York State requirements as they relate to sick leave in New York. The new Paid Family Leave Act will be reviewed so you have a better understanding of the statute's requirements, practical impacts and implementation date. The goal is to empower companies to manage leave laws and to not be managed by leave laws. This topic provides a clear understanding of what the law is today and how it will evolve over the next several years. The next step is to understand what watchdogs look for so that companies know how to avoid pitfalls that can lead to unwanted and costly litigation.
- You will be able to describe New York State Paid Family Leave Act.
- You will be able to identify how disability benefits and coverage tie to the New York State Paid Family Leave Act.
- You will be able to discuss how it impacts an employer's vacation, sick or paid time off policies.
- You will be able to explain sick leave policy requirements.
- Catching the school bus on Transit Road: this is safe?
- Tim Green Releases 36th Book, Touchdown Kid, Available Now
- Ryan G. Ganzenmuller Joins Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Elects M. Cornelia Cahill Deputy Managing Partner
- Provider Due Process Under Fire Amid Flurry of Network Terminations
- New York State Accepting Applications for Growing and Processing Industrial Hemp
- A Second New York State Appellate Court Rejects the Department of Labor’s “13-Hour Rule” and Finds That Home Care Attendants Working 24-Hour Shifts Must Be Compensated for All 24-Hours
- Case-by-Case Analysis Required for Sports-Related Personal Injury Cases