Sick Leave Law in New York
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Lorman Educational Services Live Webinar
Lorman Educational Services
This topic will review New York State requirements as they relate to sick leave in New York. The new Paid Family Leave Act will be reviewed so you have a better understanding of the statute's requirements, practical impacts and implementation date. The goal is to empower companies to manage leave laws and to not be managed by leave laws. This topic provides a clear understanding of what the law is today and how it will evolve over the next several years. The next step is to understand what watchdogs look for so that companies know how to avoid pitfalls that can lead to unwanted and costly litigation.
- You will be able to describe New York State Paid Family Leave Act.
- You will be able to identify how disability benefits and coverage tie to the New York State Paid Family Leave Act.
- You will be able to discuss how it impacts an employer's vacation, sick or paid time off policies.
- You will be able to explain sick leave policy requirements.
- Buffalo Law Journal: Buffalo-Area Law Firms Step Up Diversity Initiatives
- Times Union: Charter Says Cable TV Complaints Are Falling Since Merger
- Barclay Damon Adds Longstanding Partner and Firm-Wide Financial Services Practice Group Leader to Growing NYC Office
- Barclay Damon Attorneys Achieve 100% Pro Bono Participation