Regulations and Impact on Health Care Providers in New York State LIVE Webcast
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Hiscock & Barclay Partner, Herbert J. Glose, will speak at the Knowledge Group’s webcast entitled: “Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY) – Regulations and Impact on Health Care Providers in New York State.”
The comment period on regulations relating to the Statewide Health Information Network for New York expired on October 20, 2014; final regulations are expected in the First Quarter of 2015 (the “SHIN-NY”). These will affect the use of electronic medical records (EMR) and the sharing of protected health information (PHI) throughout New York State. The impact will be felt by all involved in the delivery of health care, including hospitals, physicians and their staff, support service providers, and patients, including minor patients.
The Webcast will discuss the most critical issues impacted by the SHIN-NY Regulations including:
- Background of Health Information Exchange
- Overview of the SHIN-NY
- Review of specific regulatory provisions
- Development of “Statewide Policy Guidance” under the Regulations
- Timing and up-to-the-minute regulatory updates
- Live interactive Q&A session
The LIVE Webcast will provide healthcare professionals, public and private, with information on the rights and responsibilities relating to the use of the SHIN-NY as a mechanism to improve the quality of health care, lower costs, as well as to help ensure compliance with meaningful use requirements under federal law.
About The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Group, LLC was established with the mission to produce unbiased, objective, and educational live webinars that examine industry trends and regulatory changes from a variety of different perspectives. The goal is to deliver a unique multilevel analysis of an important issue affecting business in a highly focused format. To contact or register to an event, please visit: http://theknowledgegroup.org/.
- Buffalo Law Journal: Buffalo-Area Law Firms Step Up Diversity Initiatives
- Times Union: Charter Says Cable TV Complaints Are Falling Since Merger
- Barclay Damon Adds Longstanding Partner and Firm-Wide Financial Services Practice Group Leader to Growing NYC Office
- Barclay Damon Attorneys Achieve 100% Pro Bono Participation