New York’s New Paid Family Leave Law and Higher Education
Thursday, August 10, 2017
11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Barclay Damon LLP
125 East Jefferson Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
The presentation will include discussions on:
- Who is eligible?
- Covered employers
- What is family care?
- What is a serious health condition?
- Right to reinstatement & retention of benefits
- Benefit amount
- Intermittent use of paid family leave
- Certification requirements & leave forms
- Coordination with other leave requirements
- Record retention & notice requirements for employers
- What is the cost of the benefit?
- Issues for self-insureds
Lunch will be provided.
- Catching the school bus on Transit Road: this is safe?
- Tim Green Releases 36th Book, Touchdown Kid, Available Now
- Ryan G. Ganzenmuller Joins Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Elects M. Cornelia Cahill Deputy Managing Partner
- Provider Due Process Under Fire Amid Flurry of Network Terminations
- New York State Accepting Applications for Growing and Processing Industrial Hemp
- A Second New York State Appellate Court Rejects the Department of Labor’s “13-Hour Rule” and Finds That Home Care Attendants Working 24-Hour Shifts Must Be Compensated for All 24-Hours
- Case-by-Case Analysis Required for Sports-Related Personal Injury Cases