New York’s New Paid Family Leave Law and Higher Education
Thursday, August 10, 2017
11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Barclay Damon LLP
125 East Jefferson Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
The presentation will include discussions on:
- Who is eligible?
- Covered employers
- What is family care?
- What is a serious health condition?
- Right to reinstatement & retention of benefits
- Benefit amount
- Intermittent use of paid family leave
- Certification requirements & leave forms
- Coordination with other leave requirements
- Record retention & notice requirements for employers
- What is the cost of the benefit?
- Issues for self-insureds
Lunch will be provided.
- Barclay Damon Attorneys Selected to 2018 Massachusetts Super Lawyers List
- Barclay Damon Welcomes Leading Business Succession Planning, Estate Planning, Elder Law, and Special Needs Planning Team From Lacy Katzen
- Maureen Helmer Quoted in Albany Business Review
- Buffalo Law Journal: Millennials Shake Up the Legal Field
- NY Court Holds Claim Against Automobile Insurer Accrued on Date of Insurer’s Denial of Coverage
- NYS Attorney General Issues Guidance on Noncompetition Agreements
- New York State Finalizes Its Guidance on New Sexual Harassment Prevention Laws
- New Massachusetts Law Limits the Scope of Employment Noncompetition Agreements in the State