New York’s New Paid Family Leave Law and Higher Education
Thursday, August 10, 2017
11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Barclay Damon LLP
125 East Jefferson Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
The presentation will include discussions on:
- Who is eligible?
- Covered employers
- What is family care?
- What is a serious health condition?
- Right to reinstatement & retention of benefits
- Benefit amount
- Intermittent use of paid family leave
- Certification requirements & leave forms
- Coordination with other leave requirements
- Record retention & notice requirements for employers
- What is the cost of the benefit?
- Issues for self-insureds
Lunch will be provided.
- I-Team: Judge sides with city, orders jail beating tape withheld from public view
- Daniela C. Weiss Joins Barclay Damon's Albany Office
- John Cook Elected President of Le Moyne College's Alumni Association Board
- The Honorable John F. Quinn, Former U.S. Congressman and ECC President, Joins Barclay Damon
- NY Appellate Division Issues Several Decisions as to Liability Insurers’ Denials of Coverage Based on Late Notice of Claims
- General Obligations Law § 5-335 Prohibits Insurer’s Reduction in Disability Benefits
- Health Care Compliance and Responsibilities of Boards of Directors
- New York State Expands Opportunities for Industrial Hemp Production and Processing