New York State Paid Family Leave Act Presentation to the Syracuse Payroll Association
Thursday, June 22, 2017
5:45 pm - 8:00 pm
445 Electronics Parkway
Liverpool, New York 13088
In February 2017 the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board issued regulations to provide employers with direction concerning how the Paid Family Leave Act (“PFLA”) will be implemented. This seminar will review the proposed regulations and draft forms which employers will be required to comply with.
Topics to be discussed include:
Who is Eligible?
What is Family Care?
What is a Serious Health Condition?
Right to Reinstatement & Retention of Benefits
Intermittent Use of Paid Family Leave
Certification Requirements & Proposed Forms
Coordination With Other Leave Requirements
Record Retention & Notice Requirements For Employers
- Tim Green Honored With Syracuse University Chancellor’s Medal
- Attorney Shannon Howley Joins Barclay Damon
- Chris Cardillo and Charlie Martorana Interviewed by Buffalo Law Journal
- David Burch Interviewed by Politico
- NYS Appellate Court Holds That Whether Provision in Construction Contract Required Additional Insured Coverage Presented Question of Fact
- The 2019-2020 NYS Budget Requires Financial Reporting for Electric Generators
- US Department of Labor Proposes Rule to Update and Clarify “Regular Rate” Requirements
- Unexecuted Indemnification Agreement Not Retroactive Once Executed