New York State Paid Family Leave Act Presentation to the Syracuse Payroll Association
Thursday, June 22, 2017
5:45 pm - 8:00 pm
445 Electronics Parkway
Liverpool, New York 13088
In February 2017 the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board issued regulations to provide employers with direction concerning how the Paid Family Leave Act (“PFLA”) will be implemented. This seminar will review the proposed regulations and draft forms which employers will be required to comply with.
Topics to be discussed include:
Who is Eligible?
What is Family Care?
What is a Serious Health Condition?
Right to Reinstatement & Retention of Benefits
Intermittent Use of Paid Family Leave
Certification Requirements & Proposed Forms
Coordination With Other Leave Requirements
Record Retention & Notice Requirements For Employers
- I-Team: Judge sides with city, orders jail beating tape withheld from public view
- Daniela C. Weiss Joins Barclay Damon's Albany Office
- John Cook Elected President of Le Moyne College's Alumni Association Board
- The Honorable John F. Quinn, Former U.S. Congressman and ECC President, Joins Barclay Damon
- NY Appellate Division Issues Several Decisions as to Liability Insurers’ Denials of Coverage Based on Late Notice of Claims
- General Obligations Law § 5-335 Prohibits Insurer’s Reduction in Disability Benefits
- Health Care Compliance and Responsibilities of Boards of Directors
- New York State Expands Opportunities for Industrial Hemp Production and Processing