New York State Paid Family Leave Act: How Employers Can Prepare for 2018
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Gilroy, Kernan & Gilroy, Inc.
210 Clinton Road
New Hartford, New York 13413
Barclay Damon attorney, Michael J. Sciotti will present, "NYS Paid Family Leave Act: How Employers Can Prepare for 2018" on Wednesday, June 21, 2017. Effective January 1, 2018, all private employers (even those who are not subject to FMLA) with employees domiciled in New York State will be mandated to provide Paid Family Leave (PFL) benefits to both full-time and part-time employees. While this legislation has similarities to federal FMLA, there are many differences. It’s important that you understand the legislation and what it means for you, as an employer.
Topics to be Discussed:
- What employers fall under the law?
- What are the new benefits for employees?
- Who bears the cost?
- What will the cost be?
- How does this tie to NYS Disability benefits and coverage?
- To FMLA for eligible employers?
- How does it impact an employer's vacation, sick or time off policies?
- What are the impacts to an employer beyond the cost of the program?
- Sample claim scenarios
- Maternity and paternity, what changes?
- Sample communication materials employers can use with employees
- Tim Green Honored With Syracuse University Chancellor’s Medal
- Attorney Shannon Howley Joins Barclay Damon
- Chris Cardillo and Charlie Martorana Interviewed by Buffalo Law Journal
- David Burch Interviewed by Politico
- NYS Appellate Court Holds That Whether Provision in Construction Contract Required Additional Insured Coverage Presented Question of Fact
- The 2019-2020 NYS Budget Requires Financial Reporting for Electric Generators
- US Department of Labor Proposes Rule to Update and Clarify “Regular Rate” Requirements
- Unexecuted Indemnification Agreement Not Retroactive Once Executed