New York State Paid Family Leave Act: How Employers Can Prepare for 2018
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Gilroy, Kernan & Gilroy, Inc.
210 Clinton Road
New Hartford, New York 13413
Barclay Damon attorney, Michael J. Sciotti will present, "NYS Paid Family Leave Act: How Employers Can Prepare for 2018" on Wednesday, June 21, 2017. Effective January 1, 2018, all private employers (even those who are not subject to FMLA) with employees domiciled in New York State will be mandated to provide Paid Family Leave (PFL) benefits to both full-time and part-time employees. While this legislation has similarities to federal FMLA, there are many differences. It’s important that you understand the legislation and what it means for you, as an employer.
Topics to be Discussed:
- What employers fall under the law?
- What are the new benefits for employees?
- Who bears the cost?
- What will the cost be?
- How does this tie to NYS Disability benefits and coverage?
- To FMLA for eligible employers?
- How does it impact an employer's vacation, sick or time off policies?
- What are the impacts to an employer beyond the cost of the program?
- Sample claim scenarios
- Maternity and paternity, what changes?
- Sample communication materials employers can use with employees
- I-Team: Judge sides with city, orders jail beating tape withheld from public view
- Daniela C. Weiss Joins Barclay Damon's Albany Office
- John Cook Elected President of Le Moyne College's Alumni Association Board
- The Honorable John F. Quinn, Former U.S. Congressman and ECC President, Joins Barclay Damon
- NY Appellate Division Issues Several Decisions as to Liability Insurers’ Denials of Coverage Based on Late Notice of Claims
- General Obligations Law § 5-335 Prohibits Insurer’s Reduction in Disability Benefits
- Health Care Compliance and Responsibilities of Boards of Directors
- New York State Expands Opportunities for Industrial Hemp Production and Processing