New York State Paid Family Leave Act: How Employers Can Prepare for 2018
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Gilroy, Kernan & Gilroy, Inc.
210 Clinton Road
New Hartford, New York 13413
Barclay Damon attorney, Michael J. Sciotti will present, "NYS Paid Family Leave Act: How Employers Can Prepare for 2018" on Wednesday, June 21, 2017. Effective January 1, 2018, all private employers (even those who are not subject to FMLA) with employees domiciled in New York State will be mandated to provide Paid Family Leave (PFL) benefits to both full-time and part-time employees. While this legislation has similarities to federal FMLA, there are many differences. It’s important that you understand the legislation and what it means for you, as an employer.
Topics to be Discussed:
- What employers fall under the law?
- What are the new benefits for employees?
- Who bears the cost?
- What will the cost be?
- How does this tie to NYS Disability benefits and coverage?
- To FMLA for eligible employers?
- How does it impact an employer's vacation, sick or time off policies?
- What are the impacts to an employer beyond the cost of the program?
- Sample claim scenarios
- Maternity and paternity, what changes?
- Sample communication materials employers can use with employees
- Sara Payne Profiled as Cannabis Team Leader by College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- Barclay Damon Named to 2019 US News & World Report – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” List
- Barclay Damon Honored by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Erie, Niagara, and the Southern Tier
- Associate Steven Mach and Law Clerk Kaleigh Morrison Join Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Awarded Injunction From NYS Supreme Court in Favor of Downstate DME Providers
- No Prejudgment Interest if Plaintiff Cannot Show When Damages Were Incurred
- NYS Appellate Division Holds That SEC Disgorgement of Over $140 Million is an Uninsurable Penalty Under Professional Liability Policy
- Notable Talc Case May Increase Similar Claims