New York State Paid Family Leave Act
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
8:30 am - 12:45 pm
East Syracuse, New York 13057
The first session will review the final regulations and forms which employers are required to comply with. Topics include:
1. Who is Eligible?
2. Covered Employers
3. What is Family Care?
4. What is a Serious Health Condition?
5. Right to Reinstatement & Retention of Benefits
6. Benefit Amount
7. Intermittent Use of Paid Family Leave
8. Certification Requirements & Forms
9. Coordination with Other Leave Requirements
10. Record Retention & Notice Requirements for Employers
The second session will be Termination of Employees on Medical Leave and will include:
1. Family and Medical Leave Act Considerations
2. Americans With Disabilities Act Considerations
3. New York State Workers’ Compensation Law Considerations
4. New York State Labor Law Considerations
5. New York State Human Rights Law Considerations
- John Gutkoski to Moderate at ACI Paragraph IV Disputes Conference
- The Buffalo News: After Maziarz Probe, a Question: What Happened to Campaign Funds?
- Central New York Business Journal: Barclay Damon: Federal Appeals Court Rules in Favor of DeWitt Firm in Infringement Case
- Buffalo Law Journal: Europe's New Data Privacy Rules
- NY Court of Appeals Enforces Additional Insured Clause Requiring Contractual Privity With the Named Insured
- US Department of Labor Releases New Fact Sheet for Higher Ed on Overtime Pay
- The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 Reinstates Limits on Medicaid’s Third-Party Rights to Settlement Awards
- Providers Face Uncertainty on Fees for Copying Medical Records