New York State Paid Family Leave Act
Thursday, May 4, 2017
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
445 Electronics Pkwy
In February 2017 the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board issued regulations to provide employers with direction concerning how the Paid Family Leave Act (“PFLA”) will be implemented. This seminar will review the proposed regulations and draft forms which employers will be required to comply with.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Who is Eligible?
- Covered Employers
- What is Family Care?
- What is a Serious Health Condition?
- Right to Reinstatement & Retention of Benefits
- Benefit Amount
- Intermittent Use of Paid Family Leave
- Certification Requirements & Proposed Forms
- Coordination With Other Leave Requirements
- Record Retention & Notice Requirements For Employers
- Barclay Damon Attorneys Selected to 2018 Massachusetts Super Lawyers List
- Barclay Damon Welcomes Leading Business Succession Planning, Estate Planning, Elder Law, and Special Needs Planning Team From Lacy Katzen
- Maureen Helmer Quoted in Albany Business Review
- Buffalo Law Journal: Millennials Shake Up the Legal Field
- NY Court Holds Claim Against Automobile Insurer Accrued on Date of Insurer’s Denial of Coverage
- NYS Attorney General Issues Guidance on Noncompetition Agreements
- New York State Finalizes Its Guidance on New Sexual Harassment Prevention Laws
- New Massachusetts Law Limits the Scope of Employment Noncompetition Agreements in the State