New York State Paid Family Leave Act
Thursday, May 4, 2017
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
445 Electronics Pkwy
In February 2017 the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board issued regulations to provide employers with direction concerning how the Paid Family Leave Act (“PFLA”) will be implemented. This seminar will review the proposed regulations and draft forms which employers will be required to comply with.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Who is Eligible?
- Covered Employers
- What is Family Care?
- What is a Serious Health Condition?
- Right to Reinstatement & Retention of Benefits
- Benefit Amount
- Intermittent Use of Paid Family Leave
- Certification Requirements & Proposed Forms
- Coordination With Other Leave Requirements
- Record Retention & Notice Requirements For Employers
- Barclay Damon Assists with Gardens in Arts Neighborhood
- Column: The ethical obligation of cybersecurity
- Barclay Damon Tower Reveals Rooftop Terrace at Grand Opening
- Barclay Damon Continues to Aggressively Grow its IP Team, Adding Accomplished Life Sciences and Patent Litigators
- Cyber Liability Insurance - Pitfalls in Coverage
- NY Appellate Division Issues Several Decisions as to Liability Insurers’ Denials of Coverage Based on Late Notice of Claims
- General Obligations Law § 5-335 Prohibits Insurer’s Reduction in Disability Benefits
- Health Care Compliance and Responsibilities of Boards of Directors