New York State Paid Family Leave Act
Thursday, May 4, 2017
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
445 Electronics Pkwy
In February 2017 the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board issued regulations to provide employers with direction concerning how the Paid Family Leave Act (“PFLA”) will be implemented. This seminar will review the proposed regulations and draft forms which employers will be required to comply with.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Who is Eligible?
- Covered Employers
- What is Family Care?
- What is a Serious Health Condition?
- Right to Reinstatement & Retention of Benefits
- Benefit Amount
- Intermittent Use of Paid Family Leave
- Certification Requirements & Proposed Forms
- Coordination With Other Leave Requirements
- Record Retention & Notice Requirements For Employers
- Barclay Damon Litigator Linda Clark to Receive Scheindlin Award For Excellence in the Courtroom
- Gilberti Combo Earns Media Praise
- Energy-Environmental Gilberti Firm Combines With Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Partner Joseph Finnerty Honored by Investigative Post
- NYSDEC to Promulgate New Rule Regulating Air Emissions From the Oil and Gas Industry
- Colleges and Universities Targeted in Trending ADA Website Accessibility Litigation
- Appellate Division First Department Reaffirms “Interfamilial Immunity” From Contribution
- Plaintiffs Are Entitled To Prompt Payment Of A Settlement, But Non-Parties Are Not