Paid Family Leave
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Chemung Chamber Board Room, Lower Level
400 East Church Street
Elmira, New York 14901
The New York State Workers' Compensation Board and Department of Financial Services have issued regulations to provide employers with direction concerning how the Paid Family Leave Act ("PFLA") will be implemented. This seminar will review the final regulations and forms which employers will be required to comply with.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Who is Eligible?
- Covered Employers
- What is Family Care?
- What is a Serious Health Condition?
- Right to Reinstatement & Retention of Benefits
- Benefit Amount
- Intermittent Use of Paid Family Leave
- Certification Requirements
- Coordination with Other Leave Requirements
- Record Retention & Notice Requirements for Employers
A fee of $15 includes light breakfast fare.
- John Gutkoski to Moderate at ACI Paragraph IV Disputes Conference
- The Buffalo News: After Maziarz Probe, a Question: What Happened to Campaign Funds?
- Central New York Business Journal: Barclay Damon: Federal Appeals Court Rules in Favor of DeWitt Firm in Infringement Case
- Buffalo Law Journal: Europe's New Data Privacy Rules
- US Department of Labor Releases New Fact Sheet for Higher Ed on Overtime Pay
- The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 Reinstates Limits on Medicaid’s Third-Party Rights to Settlement Awards
- Providers Face Uncertainty on Fees for Copying Medical Records
- Federal Communications Commission Approves New Rules Exempting Small Cell Wireless Facilities From NHPA/NEPA Review