Paid Family Leave
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Chemung Chamber Board Room, Lower Level
400 East Church Street
Elmira, New York 14901
The New York State Workers' Compensation Board and Department of Financial Services have issued regulations to provide employers with direction concerning how the Paid Family Leave Act ("PFLA") will be implemented. This seminar will review the final regulations and forms which employers will be required to comply with.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Who is Eligible?
- Covered Employers
- What is Family Care?
- What is a Serious Health Condition?
- Right to Reinstatement & Retention of Benefits
- Benefit Amount
- Intermittent Use of Paid Family Leave
- Certification Requirements
- Coordination with Other Leave Requirements
- Record Retention & Notice Requirements for Employers
A fee of $15 includes light breakfast fare.
- Law 360: A Path to NY's Energy Storage Goal
- Leading Bankruptcy Law Firm Menter, Rudin & Trivelpiece Combines With Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Secures Victory for Montana Department of Revenue
- New York State Bar Association Journal: A New York State of Marijuana
- Expect Delays in Issuance of Employment Authorization Documents
- NYS Energy Storage Roadmap Technical Conferences Announced
- Informed Intermediary Doctrine Not Applicable to Industrial Employer and Its Employees
- New York Enacts Sweeping Sexual Harassment Legislation Part Two: Sexual Harassment Certification Requirements and NYS Contract Bidding