Medical Records Law in New York
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Century House Hotel
997 New Loudon Road (Route 9)
Melissa M. Zambri will be co-presenting at the Lorman seminar, Medical Records in New York.
At this seminar you will gain new insights in the latest changes surrounding HIPAA and medical records law.
As medical records law continues to evolve, the complexities of how your organization manages these sensitive records now will impact your legal liability later. When improperly handled, your records management practices are far reaching and potentially damaging to your organization. Proper records management is only a small part of protecting your business from damaging legal issues that will happen without understanding the full scope of what your responsibilities are as it pertains to HIPAA and patients' rights. Join our panel of experienced, local professionals, as they share insights and examples of what you must do and what you should never do, when handling this very sensitive subject matter.
Benefits for You:
- Special federal and New York state laws encompassing minors, substance abuse and more
- HIPAA security compliance, safeguards, and the Audit Program
- Breach notification and the new determination rules
- Compliance in data management, documentation, security policies and procedures
- Buffalo Law Journal: Buffalo-Area Law Firms Step Up Diversity Initiatives
- Times Union: Charter Says Cable TV Complaints Are Falling Since Merger
- Barclay Damon Adds Longstanding Partner and Firm-Wide Financial Services Practice Group Leader to Growing NYC Office
- Barclay Damon Attorneys Achieve 100% Pro Bono Participation