Medical Records Law in New York
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Century House Hotel
997 New Loudon Road (Route 9)
Melissa M. Zambri will be co-presenting at the Lorman seminar, Medical Records in New York.
At this seminar you will gain new insights in the latest changes surrounding HIPAA and medical records law.
As medical records law continues to evolve, the complexities of how your organization manages these sensitive records now will impact your legal liability later. When improperly handled, your records management practices are far reaching and potentially damaging to your organization. Proper records management is only a small part of protecting your business from damaging legal issues that will happen without understanding the full scope of what your responsibilities are as it pertains to HIPAA and patients' rights. Join our panel of experienced, local professionals, as they share insights and examples of what you must do and what you should never do, when handling this very sensitive subject matter.
Benefits for You:
- Special federal and New York state laws encompassing minors, substance abuse and more
- HIPAA security compliance, safeguards, and the Audit Program
- Breach notification and the new determination rules
- Compliance in data management, documentation, security policies and procedures
- Sara Payne Profiled as Cannabis Team Leader by College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- Barclay Damon Named to 2019 US News & World Report – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” List
- Barclay Damon Honored by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Erie, Niagara, and the Southern Tier
- Associate Steven Mach and Law Clerk Kaleigh Morrison Join Barclay Damon
- No Prejudgment Interest if Plaintiff Cannot Show When Damages Were Incurred
- NYS Appellate Division Holds That SEC Disgorgement of Over $140 Million is an Uninsurable Penalty Under Professional Liability Policy
- Notable Talc Case May Increase Similar Claims
- State and Federal Agencies Ramp Up Efforts to Combat Sex-Based Discrimination and Harassment