Medical Records Law in New York
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Century House Hotel
997 New Loudon Road (Route 9)
Melissa M. Zambri will be co-presenting at the Lorman seminar, Medical Records in New York.
At this seminar you will gain new insights in the latest changes surrounding HIPAA and medical records law.
As medical records law continues to evolve, the complexities of how your organization manages these sensitive records now will impact your legal liability later. When improperly handled, your records management practices are far reaching and potentially damaging to your organization. Proper records management is only a small part of protecting your business from damaging legal issues that will happen without understanding the full scope of what your responsibilities are as it pertains to HIPAA and patients' rights. Join our panel of experienced, local professionals, as they share insights and examples of what you must do and what you should never do, when handling this very sensitive subject matter.
Benefits for You:
- Special federal and New York state laws encompassing minors, substance abuse and more
- HIPAA security compliance, safeguards, and the Audit Program
- Breach notification and the new determination rules
- Compliance in data management, documentation, security policies and procedures
- Column: Private Activity Bonds repeal — The true cost of tax reform
- Proactive Brand Protection Strategies For Pharma Innovators
- Cahill ’83 Elected Deputy Managing Partner at Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Named to the BTI Client Service A-Team 2018
- Precautionary "Wet Floor" Signs Do Not Imply Actual or Constructive Notice of a Slippery Condition
- Request for Grant Applications for Higher Education Capital Matching Grant Program Posted on DASNY'S Website
- Pending Tax Legislation Update
- NYSDEC to Promulgate New Rule Regulating Air Emissions From the Oil and Gas Industry