MedTech Annual Conference: Regulatory & Policy Track | Supporting Your Bio/Med Start Up in NY
Monday, September 15, 2014
10:45 am - 12:00 pm
189 Wolf Road
Albany, N.Y. 12205
Hiscock & Barclay Partner, Kevin R. McAuliffe is moderating this track at the MedTech Annual Conference, and will feature Denis J. Sullivan, Practice Group Leader for the firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group as a panelist. They will be joined by Kenneth Adams (President & CEO of NY Empire State Development), Marnie LaVigne (President & CEO of Launch NY and formerly Associate Vice President of Economic Development at the University of Buffalo), and Dr. Robert Corona (Chairman of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Upstate Medical University and formerly Vice President of Medical and Scientific Affairs and Chief Medical Officer at Welch Allyn).
Launching or growing a biomedical venture in New York State (NYS) requires a combination of scientific, business and legal expertise. You may have the scientific expertise and have a great product, but will it succeed in today’s complex business and legal environment? This panel will discuss how you can maximize your chances of success by taking advantage tax incentive programs and licensing and IP protection through a broad overview of resources of value to anyone starting or growing a Bio/Med venture in NYS.
- What is Start-Up NY and how does the program work alongside other tax incentive programs?
- What are IP considerations (both licensing and IP protection) one needs to anticipate in launching, growing or acquiring a biomedical venture?
- How do academic institutions and industry navigate these growth opportunities?
- What other resources exist for start ups?
- Barclay Damon Partner Jennifer Flannery Appointed Erie County Public Administrator
- Barclay Damon's Flat-Fee Compliance Services Program For Health Care and Human Service Providers
- Attorneys Frances Ciardullo and Kevin Barone Join Barclay Damon
- Getting Rid Of NY State's Income Tax?