Lorman Education Services: Understanding the ADAAA Interactive Process
Monday, April 30, 2018
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Do you know when the interactive process applies to workers' compensation claims?
This topic will provide you with a practical understanding on how to handle reasonable accommodations requests and the interactive process made by employees who claim they are disabled and were injured at work. The following areas will be covered: (1) questions which may be asked of employees; (2) prohibited inquiries to employees; (3) scope of request for medical records to confirm disability; (4) figuring out what is a reasonable accommodation; (5) how to document requests for reasonable accommodations; and (6) communicating effectively with employees as part of the interactive process.
- You will be able to define coverage determinations.
- You will be able to review employment policies.
- You will be able to discuss the nuts and bolts of the interactive process.
- You will be able to describe medical file and record keeping requirements.
- Barclay Damon’s Win on Appeal for Greenidge Generation, LLC Covered by Law360
- Marcy Robinson Dembs Published in Northern New York Community Foundation Newsletter
- Terry Emmens Interviewed by Buffalo News
- Attorney Scott Fleischer Joins Barclay Damon