Lorman Education Services: Understanding the ADAAA Interactive Process
Monday, April 30, 2018
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Do you know when the interactive process applies to workers' compensation claims?
This topic will provide you with a practical understanding on how to handle reasonable accommodations requests and the interactive process made by employees who claim they are disabled and were injured at work. The following areas will be covered: (1) questions which may be asked of employees; (2) prohibited inquiries to employees; (3) scope of request for medical records to confirm disability; (4) figuring out what is a reasonable accommodation; (5) how to document requests for reasonable accommodations; and (6) communicating effectively with employees as part of the interactive process.
- You will be able to define coverage determinations.
- You will be able to review employment policies.
- You will be able to discuss the nuts and bolts of the interactive process.
- You will be able to describe medical file and record keeping requirements.
- Maureen Helmer Quoted in Albany Business Review
- Buffalo Law Journal: Millennials Shake Up the Legal Field
- Eight Barclay Damon Attorneys Selected to 2018 Legal Elite of Western New York
- Linda Clark Chosen to Present at National Pharmacy Conference in Washington DC
- NY Court Holds Claim Against Automobile Insurer Accrued on Date of Insurer’s Denial of Coverage
- NYS Attorney General Issues Guidance on Noncompetition Agreements
- New York State Finalizes Its Guidance on New Sexual Harassment Prevention Laws
- New Massachusetts Law Limits the Scope of Employment Noncompetition Agreements in the State