Legal Malpractice 2017
Friday, March 17, 2017
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
RIT Inn & Conference Center
5257 West Henrietta Road
Rochester, NY 14467
Barclay Damon LLP, partner Dennis R. McCoy, will serve as a local chair for the "Legal Malpractice 2017: Professional Liability Claims, Litigation Strategies, Attorney Discipline and Ethics," presented by the New York State Bar Association on March 17, 2017 at the RIT Inn & Conference Center.
Lawsuits against lawyers arising from errors and/or omissions in the performance of legal services are on the rise. It is now an integral part of a law firm’s business practice to evaluate its legal risk and malpractice insurance needs. This program is designed to educate attorneys on how to prosecute and/or defend a legal malpractice action. In addition, this program will educate attorneys about their legal malpractice exposures, what they should do in the event that a lawsuit is filed against them, and what they should do when situations arise that indicate that a legal malpractice claim is likely. Both solo practitioners and members of larger firms would benefit from knowing how to assess professional liability risk and manage legal malpractice litigation.
This program will bring you up-to-date with important issues, such as how to:
- Identify potential legal malpractice claims and avoid professional liability risk
- Respond appropriately when you are aware of a situation that could reasonably lead
to a legal malpractice claim, or when such a claim is made or threatened against you
- Identify the main elements of a legal malpractice suit
- Prosecute and defend a legal malpractice action through trial
- Understand the Attorney Disciplinary Process
- Interact with professional liability insurance companies
- John Gutkoski to Moderate at ACI Paragraph IV Disputes Conference
- The Buffalo News: After Maziarz Probe, a Question: What Happened to Campaign Funds?
- Central New York Business Journal: Barclay Damon: Federal Appeals Court Rules in Favor of DeWitt Firm in Infringement Case
- Bill Cable Joins Barclay Damon as Office Manager
- US Department of Labor Releases New Fact Sheet for Higher Ed on Overtime Pay
- The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 Reinstates Limits on Medicaid’s Third-Party Rights to Settlement Awards
- Providers Face Uncertainty on Fees for Copying Medical Records
- Federal Communications Commission Approves New Rules Exempting Small Cell Wireless Facilities From NHPA/NEPA Review