LeadingAge New York 2017 Annual Conference
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Saratoga Hilton
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Barclay Damon LLP Attorneys, Susan A. Benz, Eric C. Naegely and Margaret Surowka Rossi will present "The New Paradigm: Defending Against Multiple Governmental Investigations and a Lawsuit Arising Out of the Same Incident ... How to Avoid a Three-Ring Circus," at the 2017 LeadingAge NY conference on May 23, 2017.
Long term care providers are frequently being investigated by multiple governmental agencies for the same incident at the same time. One incident can spawn investigations by the state Department of Health, Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, Department of Education, U.S. Department of Justice, and others. Each agency comes with its own agenda and jurisdiction; whether civil, criminal or administrative. And just when the long term care facility or home care agency
thinks it has the investigations under control, the resident’s family sues the facility or agency and its licensed professionals. Defending in multiple legal forums has become all too common for facilities, home care agencies and their professionals; adding to compounded risk for all. Winning in one forum may sabotage you and your professionals in other forums. Learn how to manage multiple legal proceedings and minimize the risk to the facility, agency and/or staff.
- Catching the school bus on Transit Road: this is safe?
- Tim Green Releases 36th Book, Touchdown Kid, Available Now
- Ryan G. Ganzenmuller Joins Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Elects M. Cornelia Cahill Deputy Managing Partner
- Provider Due Process Under Fire Amid Flurry of Network Terminations
- New York State Accepting Applications for Growing and Processing Industrial Hemp
- A Second New York State Appellate Court Rejects the Department of Labor’s “13-Hour Rule” and Finds That Home Care Attendants Working 24-Hour Shifts Must Be Compensated for All 24-Hours
- Case-by-Case Analysis Required for Sports-Related Personal Injury Cases