LeadingAge New York 2017 Annual Conference
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Saratoga Hilton
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Barclay Damon LLP Attorneys, Susan A. Benz, Eric C. Naegely and Margaret Surowka Rossi will present "The New Paradigm: Defending Against Multiple Governmental Investigations and a Lawsuit Arising Out of the Same Incident ... How to Avoid a Three-Ring Circus," at the 2017 LeadingAge NY conference on May 23, 2017.
Long term care providers are frequently being investigated by multiple governmental agencies for the same incident at the same time. One incident can spawn investigations by the state Department of Health, Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, Department of Education, U.S. Department of Justice, and others. Each agency comes with its own agenda and jurisdiction; whether civil, criminal or administrative. And just when the long term care facility or home care agency
thinks it has the investigations under control, the resident’s family sues the facility or agency and its licensed professionals. Defending in multiple legal forums has become all too common for facilities, home care agencies and their professionals; adding to compounded risk for all. Winning in one forum may sabotage you and your professionals in other forums. Learn how to manage multiple legal proceedings and minimize the risk to the facility, agency and/or staff.
- Three Barclay Damon Practices, Seven Partners Earn Chambers Recognition
- Buffalo Business First: Blockchain Technology Could Have IP Law Applications
- Buffalo Business First: Trademark Holders Defend Their Products
- Melissa Zambri Elected Albany Office Managing Director and Management Committee Member
- NYSDOL to Hold Public Hearing on Proposed Sleep and Meal Time Regulations for Home Health Care Industry
- New Lawsuit Alleges Improper Discrimination in Assisted Living Admission Standards for Wheelchair Users
- Premature Discharge From Hospital Can Give Rise to Multiple Legal Claims
- Employers Must Carefully Consider Responses to Employees' Electronic Communications