L&E Roundtable: Religious Accommodations in the Workplace
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
7:30 am - 9:30 am
Genesee Grande Hotel
1060 East Genesee Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Employers who are subject to the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and/or the New York State Human Rights Law have an obligation to accommodate sincerely religious beliefs of their employees. In fiscal year 2014 the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission received 3,549 charges alleging discrimination on the basis of religion.
This seminar will address:
- Religious Accommodations in the Workplace
- What is a religion?
- Statutory Protection
- Recent Decisions
- Religious Harassment
- Religious Discrimination
A complimentary breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. and the presentation will begin at 8:00 a.m.
To register, please click on the REGISTER NOW button.
- Catching the school bus on Transit Road: this is safe?
- Tim Green Releases 36th Book, Touchdown Kid, Available Now
- Ryan G. Ganzenmuller Joins Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Elects M. Cornelia Cahill Deputy Managing Partner
- Provider Due Process Under Fire Amid Flurry of Network Terminations
- New York State Accepting Applications for Growing and Processing Industrial Hemp
- A Second New York State Appellate Court Rejects the Department of Labor’s “13-Hour Rule” and Finds That Home Care Attendants Working 24-Hour Shifts Must Be Compensated for All 24-Hours
- Case-by-Case Analysis Required for Sports-Related Personal Injury Cases