L&E Roundtable: Religious Accommodations in the Workplace
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
7:30 am - 9:30 am
Genesee Grande Hotel
1060 East Genesee Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Employers who are subject to the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and/or the New York State Human Rights Law have an obligation to accommodate sincerely religious beliefs of their employees. In fiscal year 2014 the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission received 3,549 charges alleging discrimination on the basis of religion.
This seminar will address:
- Religious Accommodations in the Workplace
- What is a religion?
- Statutory Protection
- Recent Decisions
- Religious Harassment
- Religious Discrimination
A complimentary breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. and the presentation will begin at 8:00 a.m.
To register, please click on the REGISTER NOW button.
- I-Team: Judge sides with city, orders jail beating tape withheld from public view
- Daniela C. Weiss Joins Barclay Damon's Albany Office
- John Cook Elected President of Le Moyne College's Alumni Association Board
- The Honorable John F. Quinn, Former U.S. Congressman and ECC President, Joins Barclay Damon
- General Obligations Law § 5-335 Prohibits Insurer’s Reduction in Disability Benefits
- Health Care Compliance and Responsibilities of Boards of Directors
- Employers Should Carefully Evaluate Their Policies Regarding Drug Testing and Employee Privacy Rights With Respect to Medical Marijuana Use
- New York State Expands Opportunities for Industrial Hemp Production and Processing