L&E Roundtable: Religious Accommodations in the Workplace
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
7:30 am - 9:30 am
Genesee Grande Hotel
1060 East Genesee Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Employers who are subject to the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and/or the New York State Human Rights Law have an obligation to accommodate sincerely religious beliefs of their employees. In fiscal year 2014 the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission received 3,549 charges alleging discrimination on the basis of religion.
This seminar will address:
- Religious Accommodations in the Workplace
- What is a religion?
- Statutory Protection
- Recent Decisions
- Religious Harassment
- Religious Discrimination
A complimentary breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. and the presentation will begin at 8:00 a.m.
To register, please click on the REGISTER NOW button.
- John Gutkoski to Moderate at ACI Paragraph IV Disputes Conference
- The Buffalo News: After Maziarz Probe, a Question: What Happened to Campaign Funds?
- Central New York Business Journal: Barclay Damon: Federal Appeals Court Rules in Favor of DeWitt Firm in Infringement Case
- Buffalo Law Journal: Europe's New Data Privacy Rules
- NY Court of Appeals Enforces Additional Insured Clause Requiring Contractual Privity With the Named Insured
- US Department of Labor Releases New Fact Sheet for Higher Ed on Overtime Pay
- The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 Reinstates Limits on Medicaid’s Third-Party Rights to Settlement Awards
- Providers Face Uncertainty on Fees for Copying Medical Records