L&E Roundtable: Religious Accommodations in the Workplace
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
7:30 am - 9:30 am
Genesee Grande Hotel
1060 East Genesee Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Employers who are subject to the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and/or the New York State Human Rights Law have an obligation to accommodate sincerely religious beliefs of their employees. In fiscal year 2014 the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission received 3,549 charges alleging discrimination on the basis of religion.
This seminar will address:
- Religious Accommodations in the Workplace
- What is a religion?
- Statutory Protection
- Recent Decisions
- Religious Harassment
- Religious Discrimination
A complimentary breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. and the presentation will begin at 8:00 a.m.
To register, please click on the REGISTER NOW button.
- Law 360: A Path to NY's Energy Storage Goal
- Leading Bankruptcy Law Firm Menter, Rudin & Trivelpiece Combines With Barclay Damon
- New York State Bar Association Journal: A New York State of Marijuana
- Barclay Damon Secures Victory for Montana Department of Revenue
- Expect Delays in Issuance of Employment Authorization Documents
- NYS Energy Storage Roadmap Technical Conferences Announced
- Informed Intermediary Doctrine Not Applicable to Industrial Employer and Its Employees
- New York Enacts Sweeping Sexual Harassment Legislation Part Two: Sexual Harassment Certification Requirements and NYS Contract Bidding